Dinner in the Sky (and not on an airplane)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JillBurgh

Sous Chef
Dinner in the Sky

You all MUST click on the link above. It is amazing! Apparently they are doing this in cities all over the world: Hanging from a crane trying to eat your meal and hear what your friends are saying at the other end of the sky-table. BF thinks it genius, I think it's the dumbest thing I've ever seen. Some of the photos show a piano player hanging from another platform next to the dinner table platform. NUTS!

Apparently they were on the Today Show, so I must be the last to know...

Well, I don't know whether it's the dumbest of cleverest thing I've ever seen. All I know is that it's not for me! Thanks for the post :)

I would do both, they look so fantastic to try, but I do like trying different things. I wonder how I would go, as I hate heights and I am costaphobic, But that would'nt stop me trying it at least once.

All I know is I wouldn't be having a couple beers with my meal ....
That is very...............different

I am the ultimate acrophobe, have a very visceral fear of heights.

Have no idea how I can casually get into an airplane, but that doesn't bother me at all. Go figure.

Am among those who have posted that almost any height bothers me. Cliffs, bluffs, canyons, I keep my distance from the edge. And just want to get far away from them.

I know it is a silly phobia but I cannot get over it. It seems to be getting worse.

The only way I could get onto that hanging thing would be under general anesthetic.

Sorry I did not think of this sooner, what if you have to tinkle?

The heights wouldn't bother me (as long as the crane is stable), but if I were paying as much as they did for that meal, I would want more than what looks like a few chunks of fruit (and possibly fish?) and twigs on my plate. You'd be in a mess if you dropped your fork! (Or whoever was walking underneath would be!)

:)Barbara

I'm TERRIFIED of heights! I can stand on a chair to change a lightbulb in the ceiling and I can go a little higher but that's it. I've been to the top of the Tybee Island Lighthouse on Tybee Island, Georgia back in Oct. 1988. When I got to the top, I quickly looked over the edge of the rail and then scooched back against the wall and looked around. That was high enough for me. I've flown in a small (?sp) Cessena about a 100 feet off of the ground with my older sister...just to say that I've flown. Then a few months later, I flew commercially to Orlando, FL with my older sister. Was TERRIFIED both times! After all these years, I just can't seem to get myself to fly again. My older brother wants me to fly over to Germany with my older sister next year...if she chooses to fly over there. His wife, 2 grown daughters ((?) 17 & 20 yrs. old), & he live in Germany and are helping to take care of his wife's parents part of the time. My brother & sil said that since they fly over here every few years, I could fly over there for a change. NO WAY! There's NO WAY I could stand to be on a plane for a few hours! The only way I could fly that long is to knock me out for the duration of the flight. LOL

The underwater restaurant is scary to me. I feel that I may get (?sp) clausterphobic. I'm afraid of water...can't swim and can't put my head under water in a pool or the bath tub. I'm OK at the zoo & Sea World when I stand on the flat escalator that goes through a glass tunnel under the shark & etc. fish tank.

Either way, I like the idea of eating my meals in a regular restaurant room. I can enjoy eating my food and can breath better. No amount of money can convince me to eat in either place.

Darlene

Back
Top Bottom