"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 03-19-2006, 08:43 AM   #1
Sous Chef

Dinner last night

Life is sure unusual at best. Last night I had planned on making dinner for 10 people.In 5 minutes time,it changed to just me and the dog. Two hours after that-it changed back to just the 4 of us!! Jimmy had gotten home from a work emergency sooner than expected.Dennis' friends had had to get ready to return back to college and Kiersten's friend's Mom wanted her friend home for dinner. So here we were- the four of us together at 7pm on a Saturday night-doesn't happen to often but, we decided to go to our usual restaurant when we don't know where we want to go.Service was slow but, I was relishing EVERY second of it.We were having such a good time- ranking on each other,sharing things that had been going on in our lives.Kiersten's announcement that she was now eating beef once a week-she is/was a vegatarian and her ordering a cheeseburger and eating most of it, another surprise as she's also anorexic. Dennis comparing his Phillie cheesesteak to the ones of Phillie's better known shops,Jimmy attempting to use and irish accent eating his Shepard's pie and I trying to eat a panini of grilled chicken with roasted peppers.portobello and fresh mozzarella because laughing makes it difficult to eat!!
So many wonderful memories are made over the simplest and last minute meals.I know all of you here can appreciate this sentiment. I want to wish all of you a wonderful memoery making meal today!!!Love and energy, Vicki-PS Angel was not forgotten- Kiersten brought her home the romaine leaf from her burger platter- Angel LOVES lettuce and her preference is Romaine (as you can tell by her pic in the photo gallery)!!

Old 03-19-2006, 10:19 AM   #2
Master Chef

That's great Vicki!! I'm so glad that you ended up spending the evening with your family instead of alone. Sound's like Kiersten is healing also, good for her!!

Old 03-19-2006, 10:20 AM   #3
Chief Eating Officer

That sounds like the perfect evening. I am so glad you were able to turn a disapointing evening into a memorable one!
Old 03-19-2006, 03:23 PM   #4
Sous Chef

GB & teaxas- Thank you!!!Much love and energy to you both!!!
Old 03-19-2006, 03:26 PM   #5
Chef Extraordinaire

reminds me of that saying that life is what happens while you are making other plans.