Dinner Party and Pet Disasters

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Gorgonzola,

The shoes in the picture are very nice.

Do you know the Run D.M.C.? They are very popular where i am from, with the song My Adidas. i hope to one day have a pair like that.

rundmc.jpg

I wonder, do they cook too? or, perhaps with money and fame, others work the food for them?

Well, again - not after dinner but. . . . little Miss Martie was a Chug with a death wish. Our kitchen had an island with an open cabinet under the top where I stored all of our electrical appliances (that would fit). We went for a boat ride (or something) and came home to find all the appliances spread all over the kitchen floor. We gathered them up and put them away before we made a cocktail and headed for the living room. There was Miss Martie urrpping all over the couch, the rug, everywhere . . . . and the living room smelled delicious - like fried food! She had emptied the cupboard until she got to the deep fat fryer, somehow got the lid opened and consumed the fryer full of wonderful fragrant peanut oil. Oh geeeze - what a mess. :sick::wacko::ohmy::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I was draining frozen broccoli in a colander in the sink one day. One of my Birman kitties must have hopped up for a taste, decided she didn't like it & yakked all over the rest of it. She must be related to George Bush!

Another time I was dicing buffalo chicken to make Buffalo Chicken Salad. The phone rang - I answered it & got off the phone ASAP. By the time I came back, everything I had diced was gone. What wasn't chopped up was left for me.

And on & on. I don't answer the phone anymore when I'm cooking.

Another good one was when I decided to surprise my husband for his birthday. I reserved a condo on the other side of the island, at an out-of-the-way place. Got there, it was not clean. Left. Went to have lunch at the Paniolo Cafe. A Japanese tour bus had just pulled up and there was no room for us. OK, you cannot stop me, I had a cooler of food, let's have a picnic at a beach park on our way back home. Got there to find out it was roped off as a crime scene. Decided "to heck with it" and just went home. I'll take you to our local Korean/Sushi place. Closed. Went home and ordered pizza. Now, that's hard to get wrong, but honestly, it was close to inedible. Our "coffee table" is a large what they then called Geisha tables (in other words a Japanese dining table). At this point we had a couple of stiff ones and went to bed.

Here is where the pets came in. At the time we had a cat and a very, very small puppy. We awoke the next morning to find that the cat had taken the pizza off of the table so she could share it with the puppy (who at the time maybe weighed 4 or 5 lbs). Hubby and I never did have a celebratory dinner, but our animals sure did!

one time my mom put a container full of fat from a turkey dinner (i think) outside and my dog (golden retriever named abby) went out and ate the whole thing! then she puked everywhere in front of all our guests!!:sick:

Many many years ago my daughters and I had spent the day picking enough fresh raspberries to make a beautiful pie and a huge batch of raspberry ice cream in the electric (add ice and salt type) ice cream maker. Our guests arrived, we ate a fantastic dinner, took a walk on the beach and came back ready for the goodies.

I brought the pie out to the deck and we went to get the ice cream that had been curing under ice and newspapers up on another picnic table. There was the ice cream freezer on the ground, salt and ice and shredded newspaper everywhere - and our neighbor's dog up to her ears in the container - finishing the last drops of fresh raspberry ice cream. :angry::mad::ermm::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

One thing we have to give these animals, apart from cooking oil and fat, is they have GREAT taste!!:rolleyes: :) I mean to say, fresh raspberry icecream? lol

I once left a punnet of fresh strawberries on the coffee table and disappeared to do something. Came back and Nelson had demolished the lot. Only evidence that they had existed was all the wee green bits and stalks spat out all over the carpet.
See! They have great taste.:ROFLMAO:

Same neighbors not long after that incident moved away, said they'd be back for Patchouli (the ice cream theif) in a week. Four weeks later she had 6 or 7 puppies and still no owner comeing to claim her. :glare:

Harbor Witch, I can identify. One time I had an Indian dinner party, and used a wok to fry pappadams. It was snowing outside, and we were in crowded quarters. I was afraid one of us would knock over the wok full of hot oil, so I put the wok outside in the snow. My dog started puking and pooping all over the place that night (thankfully, after the last guest was gone), and I couldn't figure what in the heck. I put her outside and looked over .... she'd drunk well over a quart of cooking oil. She weighed maybe 8 lbs at the time. My lord, what a mess. But what would posses an animal to do that? It can't have tasted like much. Maybe it was peanut oil, that would make sense (she loved peanuts).

Harborwitch said:
Same neighbors not long after that incident moved away, said they'd be back for Patchouli (the ice cream theif) in a week. Four weeks later she had 6 or 7 puppies and still no owner comeing to claim her. :glare:

Sounds like you were had! :LOL:

I love all these stories! Of course the ones that could have posed a real danger are scary, but since it all came out (from both ends) alright they're funny.

I recall my dog Jake, from you youth. He was a lab/shepherd mix we bought from the MaSPCA for $20.00. Mom was making a chocolate layer cake, and took the cakes out to cool. Knowing we had to leave, and knowing anything near the edge of the counter was fair game for Jake, she moved the cooling cakes to the center of the counter.

When we got home, there was only 1/2 of one of the cakes left. He (and perhaps the dachsund {sp?} Luther) ate the missing parts. Amazingly enough, not one problem! Even minor! Couldn't believe it! Mom was a bit unhappy though . . . . .:angel:

Don't recall any other stories involving food and pet mishaps. Well, if you forgot to push your chair in and left cereal on the table, Jake decided he would help you finish. One of the cats we have now (Smokie) is kept on a pretty tight leash cuz she'll try most anything, but I've forgotten on occassion to put my cereal bowl away, and within seconds she's cleaning up whatever residue there may be.

Back
Top Bottom