Dinner Time?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We ususally eat earliest at 7:00pm. More likely later like 7:30 pr 8:00pm. When I'm home and DH is teaching, he gets home about 7:30 so I'll try to have something ready then. However, on nights I'm in class, I leave home around 4:00 and have class until 10:00 arriving home at 11:00pm. Those days I'll eat at 3-3:30 then have a snack at school.

When I was growing up, our evening meal was usually served by 6 p.m. Rarely later.

When I had my own family and all the children were at home, I usually had supper/dinner on the table by 6:30 p.m. That was a bit of a challenge some days since both Buck and I worked outside of our home. Fortunately, our places of work were only a couple of miles from our home.

Since it's been just the two of us, we tend to eat quite late by our area standards - not before 8 or 8:30 p.m. It works well for us, especially since we're night owls and don't usually go to bed before midnight.

We eat late for the south - generally somewhere between 7:30 and 9:00. When I was growing up, we always ate the minute my dad got home from work at 5:30. When my oldest children were little, my husband worked long hours so dinner was always sometime after 7:30. I had to give the kids a snack early so they could wait and I guess this just became a habit. If I tried serving dinner earlier, I doubt it would get eaten. Even I'm not hungry now until late in the evening.

I would prefer to eat by 5:30 - 6:00 but DH likes to eat between 6:30 - 7:00. I eat lunch at 11:00 am (breakfast at 7 am) but he doesn't eat lunch until 1:00 pm. I'm usually starving by the time I get home and have to snack on a little something before dinner is ready.

I really don't have a scheduled time. When I worked overtime, running back & forth to the studio, sometimes I didn't have time for dinner. When I got off work late, would just grab a bite whenever & wherever I could. Since I don't need to get dinner on the table for anyone other than myself -- I just eat when I'm hungry.

We are late eaters. We usually try to start cooking around 8, but sometimes don't get started until after nine. Last night I think everything was ready around 10. Can you tell I don't have kids?!

Wow I remember those days!!!
We ate when we felt like it, late was never too late.
These days we both get up by 4 am, so we have to be in bed by 9.
We used to get home from places at 4 am!!!!!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom