DirecTV Boycott!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I can understand the frustration with those of you who are experiencing the Netflix problem of sending movies out of order. My son, daughter and grandchildren all have Netflix accounts and in the 3 years we've had Netflix we have NEVER experienced the problem you are talking about. I set my queue ahead so that I have a list of only the movies I want to see, and they always send the next movie on my list. If I change my mind and a movie comes up that I really want to see NOW, I just move that movie to the top of the list and it's next one I get.

I will agree with one thing; I bought a 46 inch Sony for my home in Vegas and subscribed to HD from Cox. When I left home 2 months later to come to Michigan, I realized that the TV in my RV is a 25 incher and it's not HD. Wow, what a letdown!! Nothing beats watching a big screen with HD. Cox states that by the end of the year there will be 98 channels in HD. Next year we'll see 24 more. Almost makes me want to go home. ALMOST!! :LOL:

Here's some more info:

I just got off the phone with DTV cancelling my service. They finally offered to restore the service until the investigation was cleared. I said "What happened two weeks ago?!"

Anyway, when we bought the HD DVR for $300, I asked the person if it was our equipment and they said "Yes". That's the only reason we paid $300 was to keep the DVR. It turns out, it is NOT your equipment to keep and the $300 charge is only to be able to lease the receiver! So the CS rep said I would be receiving a box to send the reciever back and an invoice for the remaining charges and an early cancellation fee. I told her there is absolutely no way I would pay an early cancellation fee and she noted that on my account.

You think with all the competition out there, DTV might want to *try* to keep their customers by providing excellent service. Which reminds me, I haven't seen their little promo ads about how wonderful their customer service has been rated in a very long time.

You think with all the competition out there, DTV might want to *try* to keep their customers by providing excellent service. Which reminds me, I haven't seen their little promo ads about how wonderful their customer service has been rated in a very long time.
Competition is really not much, at least where I am. I have two other choices DishNetwork and MI Connection, the local cable company run by the town. Where my dad is they don't even have cable. That's the problem, unless you are in a big city, your options are pretty limited.

Back
Top Bottom