DirecTV Boycott!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jeekinz

Washing Up
I have used DirectV for nearly 8 years and have not had one IOTA of a blemish on my account.

Last month, as usual, I send out my monthly payment. A few weeks later, DTV sends me a past due invoice that included last months payment plus what I owed up to date. I check out my bank account and the check was cleared shortly after it was sent, again as usual. I call DTV and try to explain to them that the check was cleared on 6/23/08. They tell me that I have to contact my bank to get the information that the check was cleared and that they (DTV) had no means of researching the payment! So now I have to do THEIR JOB!

I contact the bank and get all the information requested. I call DTV again, and every time you call you get a new idiot on the other end. I fax over the information and they say it will take 10 days to reserch the payment. Meanwhile, my service will be turned off in 5 days so "If you would like to pay what is open on the account now, we will refund your money after the investigation clears." What!? Am I losing my marbles here?

DTV turns my paper check into an electronic transaction which destroys my paper check, so I can't even use the cancelled check as proof.

My service was suspended today. And Verizon is scheduled to install Fios TV next Tuesday. I explained to Verizon that I pay for the MLB package and there wouldn't be a refund. Verizon said they will pay my DirectV bill for the remainder of the MLB season and at the same time I will be able to use their TV services. How cool is that?!

What a way to treat a good customer DirectV.

You can't blame DirecTV for wanting you to pay for their mistakes!

Let us know how you like FIOS.

Oh man I feel for you!!
Whoever you spoke to the first time was obviously mistaken, I track my directv acct online and there is a link there to show my payment history, so if I can access it online surely they can do the same!!! What a bunch of idiots!! Well at least the end result was favorable for you!!!:LOL:

I hate this whole thing about doing away with checks, but it seems to be an inevitable trend. DH has started paying our bills on line, which he says is more efficient.

Verizon is cutting some good deals around here, too.

I know one person who has FIOS and he loves it. He also thinks my cable picture is as good. We both have the same TV.

FIOS is not available here yet.

I typed them a letter and also emailed customer service.

I am so mad at that company. I used to recommend them to everyone. Not anymore.

I run a company and I can research payments! Albeit, on a smaller scale, but still.

I encountered much the same thing with DirectTv's competitor. Turns out I was dealing with an overseas call center where I assure you English was not the "mother tongue".
After talking for 30 mins, I asked for a supervisor. "I take care of your problem." 20 more minutes of asking for an American, I kept getting the same answer. I finally found out, and this works for other call centers, to ask for "Dispute Resolution".
This seems to get you back to the home country.

I didn't have a problem like that. (although I did when I owned a Dell) I still can't believe they didn't take my word for it. All they had to do was look at my account history. :bash:

Dispute Resolution huh...Thanks OCC!! I don't know the times I've lost my religion with these out sourced call centers!!!! I hate the concept to begin with!!

FIOS is a Verizon product. It's a fiberr optic system that delivers TV to you. It's claimed to be faster than cable and delivers an excellent picture.

My choices are so limited. We have the town cable company ~ literally, my town bought the cable franchise from Time Warner and it SUCKS. I had internet through them and even though I was turned off in May, they keep sending me bills and disconnect notices. When it rains, the cable goes off (apparently) because the lines are so bad and won't be fixed until 2010. The only other choices are Dish and DirecTV. After my Dish Network experience, I would rather go without television than allow them in my house.

I pay all my bills with my debit card, it's so much easier for me and it's easier to prove you made the payment. In DirecTV's defense, it's not them that turns your check electronic, it's their bank. The banking systems changed a couple years back and they're all going to the e-check system for clearing.

The response.......

The response from my email:

Thanks for writing us.

I understand your frustration regarding your missing payment. However, it takes 10 business days for our Finance Department to research and resolve your concern. Rest assured that we are working as quickly as possible in your behalf. We truly appreciate your patience on this matter.

Our records indicate that your DIRECTV account is past due. To reactivate your service, please go to directv.com to make a payment for the full amount due, $328.13

Here's how to make a payment online:

- Sign it at directv.com,

- Click on the "Payments" link from the "My Account" tab at the top of the page

- Enter the required information for a one time or recurring

You can also call 1-800-531-5000 and pay your bill through our Automated Phone System. There's no charge for either of these payment methods, and payments post almost immediately. You can also make a payment over the phone with one of our representatives for a $5.00 phone assistance fee.

For a listing of other payment options that we offer, please visit our web site at directv.com/billing.

Sincerely,

Khristine A. - 100133642
DIRECTV Customer Service

They are still looking for a double payment. :furious:

Consumer Reports and one other comsumer magazine, (can't remember which) rates Verizon Fios as the top cable company over all others. Their customer service, and picture quality all rate at the top. Maybe the DirectTV fiasco is a blessing in disguise. For the record my neighbor had DirectTV and said their customer service was awful, what little service they provided. She had some real problems with the company and is now with Cox Cable.
I think you'll be happy with Verizon. I know their cell phone service is superb. Best I've ever had.

Just went through almost the same thing with my internet service ...
switched to verizon .. i am very pleased .. and i got a $100 credit from
verizon for switching from cable ..

I think companies do that crap (and find your payment 3 weeks later) just to get people to pay thier bills online rather than by mail. Then they don't have to pay a human to open an envelope.
Just my 2 cents.

I went through something like that several years ago. Now, we just run a pirate satellite receiver with the only inconvenience being occasional file updates from time to time when it loses signal.

I think companies do that crap (and find your payment 3 weeks later) just to get people to pay thier bills online rather than by mail. Then they don't have to pay a human to open an envelope.
Just my 2 cents.

You have made an excellent point. As of last Friday all of my utilities bills and insurance payments are now deducted from my bank account. No more check writing and no more errors.

Back
Top Bottom