"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 07-16-2008, 11:03 AM   #1
Executive Chef

DirecTV Boycott!

I have used DirectV for nearly 8 years and have not had one IOTA of a blemish on my account.

Last month, as usual, I send out my monthly payment. A few weeks later, DTV sends me a past due invoice that included last months payment plus what I owed up to date. I check out my bank account and the check was cleared shortly after it was sent, again as usual. I call DTV and try to explain to them that the check was cleared on 6/23/08. They tell me that I have to contact my bank to get the information that the check was cleared and that they (DTV) had no means of researching the payment! So now I have to do THEIR JOB!

I contact the bank and get all the information requested. I call DTV again, and every time you call you get a new idiot on the other end. I fax over the information and they say it will take 10 days to reserch the payment. Meanwhile, my service will be turned off in 5 days so "If you would like to pay what is open on the account now, we will refund your money after the investigation clears." What!? Am I losing my marbles here?

DTV turns my paper check into an electronic transaction which destroys my paper check, so I can't even use the cancelled check as proof.

My service was suspended today. And Verizon is scheduled to install Fios TV next Tuesday. I explained to Verizon that I pay for the MLB package and there wouldn't be a refund. Verizon said they will pay my DirectV bill for the remainder of the MLB season and at the same time I will be able to use their TV services. How cool is that?!

What a way to treat a good customer DirectV.

Old 07-16-2008, 11:06 AM   #2
Certified Pretend Chef

You can't blame DirecTV for wanting you to pay for their mistakes!

Let us know how you like FIOS.

Old 07-16-2008, 11:08 AM   #3
Executive Chef

Send a message via AIM to GrantsKat
Oh man I feel for you!!
Whoever you spoke to the first time was obviously mistaken, I track my directv acct online and there is a link there to show my payment history, so if I can access it online surely they can do the same!!! What a bunch of idiots!! Well at least the end result was favorable for you!!!

Babymaker
GrantsKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 11:12 AM   #4
Master Chef

I hate this whole thing about doing away with checks, but it seems to be an inevitable trend. DH has started paying our bills on line, which he says is more efficient.

Verizon is cutting some good deals around here, too.
Old 07-16-2008, 11:13 AM   #5
Master Chef

Everyone I know who has FIOS absolutely loves it.

We can't get it where I live ...
Old 07-16-2008, 11:30 AM   #6
Certified Pretend Chef

I know one person who has FIOS and he loves it. He also thinks my cable picture is as good. We both have the same TV.

FIOS is not available here yet.
Old 07-16-2008, 11:33 AM   #7
Executive Chef

I typed them a letter and also emailed customer service.

I am so mad at that company. I used to recommend them to everyone. Not anymore.

I run a company and I can research payments! Albeit, on a smaller scale, but still.
Old 07-16-2008, 11:35 AM   #8
Senior Cook

I encountered much the same thing with DirectTv's competitor. Turns out I was dealing with an overseas call center where I assure you English was not the "mother tongue".
After talking for 30 mins, I asked for a supervisor. "I take care of your problem." 20 more minutes of asking for an American, I kept getting the same answer. I finally found out, and this works for other call centers, to ask for "Dispute Resolution".
This seems to get you back to the home country.
Old 07-16-2008, 11:44 AM   #9
Executive Chef

I didn't have a problem like that. (although I did when I owned a Dell) I still can't believe they didn't take my word for it. All they had to do was look at my account history.
Old 07-16-2008, 11:50 AM   #10
Chef Extraordinaire

Dispute Resolution huh...Thanks OCC!! I don't know the times I've lost my religion with these out sourced call centers!!!! I hate the concept to begin with!!

Kool-Aid...Think Before You Drink
Uncle Bob is offline   Reply With Quote