Disclaimers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

babetoo

Chef Extraordinaire
my son says i have a disclaimer for things i have mad food wise.

ie "your cinnamon rolls look wonderful" then i disclaim "not as good as the last batch, didn't knead long enough""

does anyone else do this. apparently i do it all the time and about other things than food.:mad:

oops, read it wrong! LOL i thought you said you say this to other people.
Yes, I will say things like that all the time about my own stuff.

Last edited:
I think we have a tendency to over-analyze, particularly our own creations. If I know I'm capable of doing better (based on past performance) I will sometimes reply to a compliment with "thank you, but I'm not all that happy with the way this turned out" and, depending on circumstances, may or may not elaborate as to why.

I don't believe it's insecurity or uncertainty. I just think that we sometimes disappoint ourselves and we can't help expressing that disappointment as part of our conversation.

my son says i have a disclaimer for things i have mad food wise.

ie "your cinnamon rolls look wonderful" then i disclaim "not as good as the last batch, didn't knead long enough""

does anyone else do this. apparently i do it all the time and about other things than food.:mad:

I do the same thing, and I LIVE ALONE!!! LOL!!!
No kidding.

Last edited:
...I don't believe it's insecurity or uncertainty. I just think that we sometimes disappoint ourselves and we can't help expressing that disappointment as part of our conversation.

I actually do this regularly for this exact reason.

Another consideration - some may do this to indicate to others that they are capable of better results and that they shouldn't be judged negatively on these particular results.

I do it all the time no matter what or how good it was.
Drives DH crazy, he says "why do you do that to yourself?"
I cant tell you why, its habit I guess..... always room for improvement....
Or an excuse to play with my food some more. :)

I did the same thing..often. My husband Paul would say "and the dressing is weak" no matter what was on the table. Many Many years ago I said "the dressing is weak but the gravy is OK. this was on Thanksgiving
Day when John was little.) So from then on if I made a comment the " and the dressing is weak" was said.

Last edited:
I don't do it because I am such an egotistical person who loves my cooking and expects everyone to love my cooking too.:ROFLMAO: Then I get hurt when I notice someone on my dinner table just trying to be polite...:( then I don't invite them anymore...:mad:

Is this enough smileys here???

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom