Discuss Cooking's Virtual Bed and Breakfast

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I am with you on this one Middie and now we will have to deal with emu meat, and don't tell me it tastes like chicken, If I wanted chicken I would order horse!!!!! :LOL:

Um. About the emu...well I was out back doing the paths by out to the lake and the emu jumped out in front of my golf cart and well, SORRY! Remember that big turkey a couple of days ago?

Soooooo. Coffee anyone? I'm making Kona today. And I have some fresh blue blueberry muffins too. Also some lemon poppyseed cake.

One slab of lemon poppyseed cake, one blueberry muffin, and some coffee for you Maidrite. Enjoy!

Bang, the stuff I didn't cook is in the walk in freezer. I didn't marinate it or anything. Can I help prep it?

Sure Alix...it needs to marinate overnight. Here is the recipe.

Bbq Emu Medallions "> [Reset]Keys : Exotic Emu Ostrich Bbq Australian Australia Aussie Pacific Australian Oz Ingredients :

1lbEmu medallions1cupRed wine1xOnion finely chopped1xCarrot finely chopped1xLeek finely chopped1xCelery stalk finely chopped12xJuniper berriesA few sprigs of thymeJuice and chopped rind of 1 orange
Method :
  • Mix ingredients together to make a marinade in a stainless steel, glass or ceramic bowl. Add medallions of emu, stir well and refrigerate overnight.
  • Next day, drain meat, reserving marinade. Barbecue meat until just cooked. Reduce marinade till it becomes a thick sauce. Pour over emu. Serve with simply-cooked baby root vegetables.
  • This recipe yields 4 servings.
  • Comments: One of the newcomers to our dinner tables is emu. At last this low fat meat is appearing in restaurants and gourmet food stores. Because of its leanness, it's superb cooked quickly on a barbecue and served with a simple sauce. It can also be baked.

Yeah really!! Today is our anniversary & he's leaving tomorrow for a 4 day fishing trip with his dad. I'm a little ticked since I never get a break from him & the kids for more than a few hours.

Happy Anniversery, Crewsk

That being said, I will refrain from making any comments about DH leaving to go fishing the day after your anni.:angry:

Thanks middie, Bang, & wasabi!!:) It's been 9 very interesting years.:LOL: Wasabi, I've had to bite my tounge about this situation more than once over the last couple of days.:angry:

:LOL: I thik everyone that has been married bites their tongue very often. It is the secret to a long meaningful marriage. Trust me:excl: Ok..... Who wants some Liver and Onions?

Back
Top Bottom