Discuss Cooking's Virtual Bed and Breakfast

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well Happy anniversary Crewsk! :) Your prize for the 2000th post will be there in a couple of days! I didnt forget ya. :rolleyes:

Poor Emu. Struck down by a golf cart. :( I will eat it in rememberance of all the good times we had. :cry: I wonder what goes good with Emu? I guess I'll make some fried potatos with garlic and rosemary and a side of peas.

Say..... hows the garden going outside? Im not good around taking care of plants. :neutral:

Sushi: The International Commission on Emu Usage, Care, Training, and Propagation says the following: "Emu should be prepared and cooked only after it has been plucked and the pin feathers singed and picked. Cut off head and legs and remove innards, saving them for another use (pickling, gravies, etc.). Plunge entire emu into a large -- very large -- pot of boiling water seasoned generously with salt, garlic and fresh rosemary. If emu carcass floats to the top of the pot during cooking, weight down with a heavy plate. Simmer gently, skimming any foam that rises to the top. When emu is tender and skin begins to separate, remove emu carefully and brown until crispy in hot EVOO (hi, Rachel!!) until desired crispiness is obtained. (Dry emu first to prevent dangerous splattering.) Serve with creamed parsnips and steamed spinach with a squeeze of lemon."

Regarding the garden: I weeded the roses all afternoon; didn't you NOTICE???!!:angry: MEN!!!.......:mad:

Last edited:
I'm assuming, since no one is posting, that you've all gone to the market to pick up a live emu (back of the store; look in large wire pen. If in doubt, follow the smell...resembles fresh chicken manure...). Happy cooking!!:chef:

The International Commission on Emu Usage, Care, Training, and Propagation says the following: "Emu should be prepared and cooked only after it has been plucked and the pin feathers singed and picked. Cut off head and legs and remove innards, saving them for another use (pickling, gravies, etc.). Plunge entire emu into a large -- very large -- pot of boiling water seasoned generously with salt, garlic and fresh rosemary. If emu carcass floats to the top of the pot during cooking, weight down with a heavy plate. Simmer gently, skimming any foam that rises to the top. When emu is tender and skin begins to separate, remove emu carefully and brown until crispy in hot EVOO (hi, Rachel!!) until desired crispiness is obtained. (Dry emu first to prevent dangerous splattering.) Serve with creamed parsnips and steamed spinach with a squeeze of lemon."

perfect! Great! What is a EVOO???! Where are we going to get one and whos Rachel? :ermm:

Regarding the garden: I weeded the roses all afternoon; didn't you NOTICE???!!:angry: MEN!!!.......:mad:

:unsure: Yes? I did. :huh: Very nice! Very very nice!

:wub: Rachel?? :wub: Why, she's the girl you're in love with on the Food Network! The one who cooks everything in EVOO!! Sushi, I'm really, reallllly sorry, but she's engaged. *Thier hands Sushi an extra-absorbent Kleenex for his copious tears. Sushi collapses, overcome with grief...*

15.gif
OH the HUMANITY!!! :cry:
How could this BE!? Rachel and I were meant to be together...... as me as her boss so I can call her into my office and FIRE her talentless pie-hole eatting..... over rippened cabbage patch head!!!!! :angry: :mrgreen:

Morning all! Its rainy and gloomy out there today so there will be major baking going on in here today. At some point groceries will need to be on the agenda, but I REALLY don't want to go out there in that crud.

So, *pouring Butter Pecan coffee* anyone have any requests? I started with brown sugar shortbread. Goes great with coffee.

Oh, shortbread, please, Alix! I'm off to work shortly, but there's always room for shortbread (or was it Jello???). Make that coffee a mocha, please.

-DEADLY SUSHI- said:
15.gif
OH the HUMANITY!!! :cry:
How could this BE!? Rachel and I were meant to be together...... as me as her boss so I can call her into my office and FIRE her talentless pie-hole eatting..... over rippened cabbage patch head!!!!! :angry: :mrgreen:

Now, now, Sushi...You're just bitter because she didn't choose you. You must move on with your life in a dignified fashion. Women are like busses...there will be another one along shortly. :mrgreen:

Mocha coming right up thier. How are you this fine morning? The roses look wonderful and the rain will make them very happy. *sliding plate of shortbread to thier and handing her mocha with whipped cream and shaved chocolate on top*

I am trying to keep a mini rose alive in my house. Any suggestions? I have it in a nice warm south window, I water it religiously and I even mist it. So far it is still alive (a whole week! thats a record for me) and I would like to see it thrive. I have black thumbs though.

-DEADLY SUSHI- said:
Well Happy anniversary Crewsk! :) Your prize for the 2000th post will be there in a couple of days! I didnt forget ya. :rolleyes:

Thanks Sushi!:) I know you didn't forget, I'm a very patient person.

Can I get a cup of strong black coffee & a bag of Jolly Ranchers please?

Still got that headache crewsk? Happy late Anniversary BTW. Heres your coffee, and WHEW *THUD* heres your Jolly Ranchers. That is one BIG bag! Can I have a lemon one?

Alix: It sounds like the rose is in a good place. It's hard to keep some plants alive inside because there's not much humidity in the air -- our houses are pretty dry. I would say to water it when the pot feels light or the soil is getting dry, but don't drown it. Bugs love roses, so check for aphids on/under the leaves.

Thanks for the breakfast...Now I'm ready to roll! Played hookey yesterday and went up north to get a new bridge cut for my violin. Now I have to play it in for a week and decide if I like it. Next Friday: Orlando!!

It's okay. We're staying at the same time share we stayed in two years ago, and I don't remember the name off hand. We'll do Disney World and Epcot and maybe drive to come other local sights. We went for many, many years without ever going on vacation, and we have decided we will just DO it once a year regardless of expense (within reason!). We're taking one of our sons along, since he is still single and a starving student/barista. :)

Alix said:
Still got that headache crewsk? Happy late Anniversary BTW. Heres your coffee, and WHEW *THUD* heres your Jolly Ranchers. That is one BIG bag! Can I have a lemon one?

Thanks!! Yep, still got the headache.:mad: You can have all the lemon ones. All I want are the peach & grape ones.

*Alix slides the Advil over to crewsk* That blows! I hate headaches! Want a refill on your coffee? Maybe you need more caffiene. I also read that most headaches are caused by dehydration so have a gallon or two of water and see if that helps.

Thanks Alix!! I've been drinking a lot of water lately but I know this headache is caused by a little problem I'm dealing with right now. Sure, I'll take a refill!

Their, have a great time at Disney!! My brother, SIL, their 4 kids, her sister & parents are there right now. The lucky bums!!:rolleyes: We went for Thanksgiving 2003 & had a blast! It was great to lay in the pool on Thanksgiving day & not have to worry about a thing!

Back
Top Bottom