Discuss Cooking's Virtual Bed and Breakfast

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If we are, he's doing a great job of being in 2 places at once!!:LOL: Not to mention he's getting across the country really fast! When I talk to him about it he says it's because he wants to make sure I'm safe. Like I can't kick butt when I have to!

we are, he's doing a great job of being in 2 places at once!!:LOL:"

lol!!!

and I thought his 1-1/2 hour one-way commute was bad!

Crewsk, got any southern cooking ideas for the new york steaks I'm bbqing on saturday? or for any side dishes?

I'm not too good with steaks, sorry! About all I do to them is marinate them in a a mix of Italian dressing & beer. Sounds odd but it's really good. For sides, I'd have twice baked potatoes, bake the potatoes, scoop it out of the peeling, mash it with some sour cream, chives, &/or whatever floats your boat, stuff that back into the potato skins & bake until the top is browned & crunchy. That's all I can think of right now.

!!!
that's what I was planning in the first place for the potatoes!

deja vu!

oh dear, looks like sushi added on to the cafe again -
is that a doughnut conveyor belt?
<<jkath leaves to go check it out>>

Great minds!!:LOL:

Ohhhh.....doughnuts!!!!:w00t2: Are there any bluberry filled or sour cream cake ones? Oh on 2nd thought how about some sour cream chocolate cake ones?!?! Dang it! Now I've got a craving for doughnuts & the closest place is 20 minutes away!!:-p

Did someone say DOUGHNUTS????

Hey do we have a zipper club going here? (By that I mean women having had caesarians.) I had two. I firmly believe there is no other way to go. Man I hated labour! Whooo...better pour myself a daquiri here the memories are getting to me.

He won't be back until sometime Saturday evening. The big turkey!!

I had TC all natural, no pain meds & Savannah was an emergency c-section. She was breach & her heart rate was dropping fast. After 30 minutes of me yelling & cussing they had to put me to sleep. I embarrased the doctor!:LOL:

Zipper Club! lol!

yeah, I've had 2. First son was hard back labor for 26 hours, dilating to only 2. They knocked me out cold and got him out. 2nd was scheduled, but they realized I was allergic to morphine after pumping me full of it!

okay, that's it - I'm packing up the kids and going to doughnut man.

<<jkath unties new vegas style Rhinstone studded dark pink apron with black satin ribbon edging>>

Be back soon!

Ow. I had 40 hours of hard labour with the first, ended up in an emergency section and swore never to do THAT again. Thankfully my OB was on board with that idea so my second was easy as pie.

Sucks that you are allergic to morphine, I could seriously understand how folks get addicted to that stuff. It was SWEET!

My first I was only in labor for 9 hours & dilated from 5 to 9 in 15 minutes. With Savannah, my water broke on Tuesday night & they put me in the hospital, got my labor stopped, & told me I would be there in bed for 5 weeks. That Friday morning at 2 I went into labor & they couldn't get it stopped again so at 9 aomething that morning they did the c-section. She was born at 29 weeks & weighed 2lbs 7oz.

YIKES! Mine were big uns. One 9lber and one 8.5lber. That is a teeny little girl you had there! (I only made it to 4 after that 40hours of hard labour!)

Hey, explain to me why they measure dilation in centimeters, but weigh the babies in pounds and ounces? Weird.

OK, moving away from the horror stories of the zipper club!! :LOL:

Jkath, I thought of another great side for the steaks!!

I've done this in the microwave as the recipe states & on the grill, it's great both ways! I'm going to post this down in veggies too.

Asparagus with Warm Citrus Dressing

2 pounds fresh asparagus
1/2C. butter
2tsp. grated lime rind
2Tbsp. fresh lime juice

Snap off tough ends of asparagus & remove scales with vegetable peeler if desired.

Place asparagus in 11x7x1 1/2 inch dish & cover tightly with plastic wrap, venting one corner.

Microwave on high 6-7 minutes or until tender-crisp, turning dish half turnafter 3 minutes. Ste aside.

Place butter in 2-cup measuring cup & microwave on high until melted in 30 second intervals. Stir in lime rind & juice. Pour over asparagus & toss to coat. 8 servings.

This is from Southern Living Annual Recipes Cookbook 20th Anniversary Edition.

When I do it on the grill, I just put the asparagus straight on the grill rack & turn it occasionally until it's tender-crisp.

Last edited:
Alix said:
YIKES! Mine were big uns. One 9lber and one 8.5lber. That is a teeny little girl you had there! (I only made it to 4 after that 40hours of hard labour!)

Hey, explain to me why they measure dilation in centimeters, but weigh the babies in pounds and ounces? Weird.

She was tiny & still is! She's 5 & is barely 26lbs. TC was 8lbs 8oz. The doc looked at me like I was crazy for having him naturally after they weighed him. I had 2 great coaches though. My SIL who had already had 2 c-sections(little did she know she'd have 2 more after that:shock: ) & the 2nd one was only 2 months before TC was born & hubby who held my hand the entire time.

Yep, that is wierd. I never figured it out either.

I am LOLing crewsk. Savannah sounds like my Madeleine. Mads just turned 9 and has just broken 50lbs. She is so teeny!

It's a pain to buy jeans for her! If they fit in length they are too big in the waist & it they fit in the waist they are too short! I spend a lot of time taking up the waists of pants & skirts for her.:rolleyes: But, I was the same way growing up. All legs & nothing else!:LOL:

Back
Top Bottom