"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 03-27-2005, 03:37 AM   #1281
Head Chef

Send a message via AIM to thier1754
Thier softly plays "Beautiful Dreamer" for Sushi and tiptoes home to bed.

Old 03-27-2005, 10:04 AM   #1282
Everymom

Happy Easter all! I am putting a turkey and a ham in for later. Cheesy scalloped potatoes too. I am not very good at side dishes though so if someone wants to pitch in there it would be much appreciated.

*Pouring coffee, tying on apron* Hmmmm...looks like I need to do a little clean up in here before I start though. *Puts all food in fridges and cupboards* OK, I think we are all clear. Where is that button that Sushi had installed? *PHWOOOOOSH!!!*

Old 03-27-2005, 10:30 AM   #1283
Everymom

WOW! That auto sanitizer is the BEST! This kitchen is sparkly! OK, NOW I am going to get that turkey and ham in the oven. Dum de dum dum. *Puttering around in the kitchen, putting on fresh coffee and putting some croissants in the oven*
Old 03-27-2005, 10:36 AM   #1284
Head Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to tancowgirl2000
In addition Alix you could make Candied Carrots...mmmmm.....cook your carrots as per normal...whatever that is....when done add your butter/margerine then top with brown sugar till crystally...not too much just enough for a sweet hint of love.....**wondering Alix is just in her apron**
Old 03-27-2005, 10:42 AM   #1285
Everymom

How did I miss THAT this morning??? *Alix quickly puts on the required hot pants and half shirt Sushi declared the uniform* I am sure I am going to burn something essential in this get up. Hey Tanis, I can't do carrots. Wanna grab an apron and join me? There is a spare "uniform" over there.
Old 03-27-2005, 10:49 AM   #1286
Head Chef

**A spare uniform??? I'm there!!! Oh how absolutely flattering....guess I'll have to make sure I's watch what I lean over. I'd hate to have an accident!** Why can't you do carrots Alix? You could do a cucumber salad
Old 03-27-2005, 10:53 AM   #1287
Everymom

Cucumber salad! YES! OK, I can do that. I just don't do carrots well. I can eat them raw, or boil them for chicken soup, but any other method of cooking I absolutely make a HUGE mess of them.

Want a fresh croissant? Still warm. Mmmmmmmm butter on these babies! *Pouring more coffee for herself and Tanis*
Old 03-27-2005, 10:56 AM   #1288
Head Chef

**mmm! OMG Alix!! These are scrumptious! **takes drink of coffee** ****!! That coffees hot, how come you get hot coffee!!!
Old 03-27-2005, 11:02 AM   #1289
Everymom

OK, I got everything ready to roll. I have to head out to church. Someone tag me here. Oh and wake Sushi in an hour or so. Ciao all!
Old 03-27-2005, 11:11 AM   #1290
Head Chef

Send a message via AIM to thier1754
Ciao, Alix and Tancow! DH is washing the floor and I'm off to play at church shortly, too. Ham today with potatoes and carrots riced together and scalloped mushroom potatoes for my family, (my mom always fixed those), salad, rolls, baked cheesecake that I did last night and brother is bringing frosted brownies. Big Longaberger Easter basket full of candy for the guests to snack on. Have a wonderful day, everybody!