"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 03-30-2005, 12:09 PM   #1421
Executive Chef

You're welcome Alix.

Sushi, did you say we have an aquarium? I always forgot to feed my fish so here's a back-up recipe. (Hope it brings a giggle.)

Aquarium Jello
4 envelopes gelatin
Blue Curacao liqueur
Purple Endive
assorted gummi fish
1 package candy

Use a new or well-cleaned goldfish bowl. Mix gelatin according to package directions, substituting curacao for water in whatever ratio you prefer. Place the hard candies in the bowl. When gelatin is cool but not yet setting up, pour it slowly into the bowl and be careful not to disturb the candies or the color will run. Cool until half-set then add foliage and fish, placing them with strands of spaghetti. Refrigerate until serving-time.

Old 03-30-2005, 12:12 PM   #1422
Hospitality Queen

thanks for the pats on the back - worst part is that I was a hairdresser for a long time & I hate not having control!
I may be calling her today, but it's weird, as she's always done a great job, and she's a good friend too...hmmm.
Hey, can I have some of those shots, guys? It may lessen the pain before my training this morning at the gym ;)

BTW, I just made fresh yeast rolls, if anyone wants some - I think later I'll broil some with thinly sliced steak & tomatoes on top for lunch.

Who wants coffee? (tying on apron) Making 20 espresso shots and lining them up on the bar...

Sushi, this coffee bar was brilliant. Where else can you get a specialty coffee drink of your choice with extra "spirits" in it?!

Old 03-30-2005, 12:17 PM   #1423
Everymom

WHOOHOO! Espresso shots! *Alix starts tossing them back...*
Old 03-30-2005, 12:19 PM   #1424
Everymom

OK, now that I am all buzzed up I have to take off for a bit. Back in a couple of hours. I left a pot of turkey veggie soup simmering back there. I think that might go well with the buns you made jkath.

See y'all later!
Old 03-30-2005, 12:27 PM   #1425
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alix
WHOOHOO! Espresso shots! *Alix starts tossing them back...*
Have a great day Alix.
Old 03-30-2005, 12:55 PM   #1426
Hospitality Queen

Well, Alix only had 6 espresso shots, and Mish only took one from what I can see.... that leaves 13 for me!

off to the gym!
Old 03-30-2005, 12:57 PM   #1427
Contest Winner

Cool

Look here I am the only one in shape to be a sumo wrestler so if it comes to that I take Barbara's place. I SHOULD be in The WWF but they are just not in my league . Hey Alix I would like a scone I have never had one. Oh here is a tip for you all, in the winter when you decide to make homemade snow Ice Cream, Don't choose the yellow snow its not lemon flavored .
Old 03-30-2005, 01:21 PM   #1428
Master Chef

Hi Maidrite! Here's a chocolate cinnamon scone for you, and an extra for Barbara, too. Sorry for the delay. I guess we still don't have our staffing worked out well here all the time!

I made a mixed field greens salad with cranberry walnut dressing to go with Alix's soup and jkath's rolls if anyone wants to join me for a late lunch.
Old 03-30-2005, 01:28 PM   #1429
Traveling Welcome Wagon

Ok, you think you're going to take my place Maidrite? Just try me. With my newly built up Popeye arms, I have a feeling you won't find that as easy as you think! Barbara
Old 03-30-2005, 01:34 PM   #1430
Traveling Welcome Wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by PA Baker
I made a mixed field greens salad with cranberry walnut dressing to go with Alix's soup and jkath's rolls if anyone wants to join me for a late lunch.
Count me in PA. I could definitely use a lunch break right now. Could you add some spinach leaves to that salad? I need to keep up my strength you know!

Barbara