Discuss Cooking's Virtual Bed and Breakfast

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
*Pouring coffee* Would a jambuster do? Raspberry or lemon? I found this piece of cake behind the sugar canister...looks a bit like Elf's Slice of Sin...want that?

what's a jambuster, Alix?

(oh, and i wouldn't eat that cake...it looks like a slice of sin, but I'm not sure if it's not a deterrent for Tawny. check inside and see if Sushi put a mouse in there)

<<tying on apron>>
So, what are we going to make for today's lunch crowd?
I'm kinda in the mood to roast some turkeys, or maybe do a whole italian theme, after thinking about Sushi's venetian ideas.

okay, but we need some meat in there too, for those of us who only go for the land animals....

How about chicken scampi over angelhair (I've got a great rec for that - I should post it today), Chicken Parmesan with fettucine, beef tortelloni with a bechamel/mushroom sauce and your shrimp asparagus linguini?

Thanks, I just didn't go back far enough. Man this thread moves fast!

Yep, Rainee, it really does!

Crewsk, tiramisu is the perfect choice - let's put a lot of rum in it - afterall, it IS friday!
woo hoo!

BTW, I put my chicken scampi recipe in the chicken forum. It's one of my freezer recipes that you make a ton, and then have 3 or 4 "no-prep-work, no-clean-up" kind of dinners later on.

Jam filled doughnuts jkath. *Cutting open cake...YEEEEEEEEEK! * OK, that is just GROSS!

I think we should do a Mediterranean theme. Greek and Italian. I put a couple of goats on the BBQ spit last night. Mmmmmmm.

(Can't say I ever tried goat!)
So, a jambuster is a jelly doughnut? Cool word. I'll tell my son - he's a freak for jellies.

I'll take a lemon, please.

I guess I should have warned you that the "Tawny Treat" was also a couple of days old.

jkath said:
Crewsk, tiramisu is the perfect choice - let's put a lot of rum in it - afterall, it IS friday!
woo hoo!

Sounds like a plan to me!! I'm gonna need lots of rum to make it through Sunday. We're going up to my BIL's church near the South Carolina/North Carolina border & lets just say they think I'm a bad influence on their daughter.:rolleyes:

I guess I should have warned you that the "Tawny Treat" was also a couple of days old.

Oh now that's just nasty!!:sick:

Enjoy your sunday, Crewsk - we're taking out the MIL for a birthday supper. I think she wants japanese. I like the food, but it's one of those that they cook at your table, and your clothes and hair end up smelling like food! <<spraying fabreeze all over self>>

oooooooooh! thanks Alix!

I'm off too - must complete my MIL's gift today. Besides the other gifts, I always make her a calendar (May-April) with photos of the grandkids, clip art, & family birthdays. I've only got 2 months to go and then it's off to get it bound tomorrow.

See ya in a bit (I may stop in for a lunch break later)

okay, I said I'm leaving...and really, this time I am....

here's your espresso, and a blueberry scone. But, with all that, here's some allergy meds, kleenex, some vick's vaporub, eyedrops and a humidifier..and some tea with lemon.

Go outside just before the pinetree maze and soak in the jacuzzi for a bit. It's nice and sunny outside, but the wind isn't blowing, so you should be fine.

okay. <throwing apron on the counter, pouring a "to-to" cup of coffee and grabbing another jambuster>

Bye all!

OK, I will be here off and on for the next couple of hours. I will try not to be too slow with orders.

The BBQ pit out back is smelling delish! Did someone make up the tzatziki yet? I put a bunch of cucumbers here somewhere...

Hey goldfish - could you start the chicken parmesan?
Oh, and I made the pasta for the tortellonis - could you make the beef filling and stuff 'em?
one more thing, feel free to crank up the sound system that sushi installed. It rocks!
Before I go, lemme put on some classic Van Halen.......aaaaaaaaah!

*puts chicken in the oven*
Chicken in the oven
I'll start with that filling now.

'
*turns of Van Halen, puts on some Jet* I hate Van Halen!

Back
Top Bottom