Discuss Cooking's Virtual Bed and Breakfast

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
middie said:
aww jkath your dog looks like my old dog shadow did. now i have another lab (yellow) who's alot bigger. okay he's fat lol 108 pounds of lap baby
108! Whoa!Katie's only 38!
Nobody know what breeds she has in her, so we call her a Heinz 57:ermm:

I see you guys baked up the french toast casserole and finished with the blintzes. Got any left? I just got back from the gym and I'm starved!

<<Turning on stereo>> any requests?

Crewsk, I'm glad you guys didn't get anything worse than limbs in the yard - I can't imagine such a forceful wind taking out big trees in your county! Whew! Glad you're safe!

I wonder if the cafe will be so slow today - maybe everyone's home watching the NFL draft today. Well, since there's nobody around, I think I'll go soak in the jacuzzi
<<tossing apron on the counter, grabbing a big towel from the linen closet, heading outside>>
<<door slams>>
<<door re-opens, Tawny is placed inside, in his birdie cage, door slams again>>
<<jkath is heard mumbling something about the bird going after the avocados>>

we know she has pointer in her (as she points at absolutely everything), greyhound or whippet (cut really high on the underside) and Border Collie (coloring, agility and instinctive herding) but no lab - wrong body type (skinny minnie) and wrong head shape. All I know is that when I adopet her at the shelter (at 12 months) I begged them not to spay her, as I wanted more dogs. There's some rule that you cannot adopt a pet without having the surgery, so I obliged. 2 hours later, I was in the pet emergency room with her, where she was herniating from sutures that had been pulled too tightly. (Idiots!) This is the dog that understands words (so much so, that we spell words around her often), she won't leave the curb, even if there's a cat taunting her 5 feet away, and she never does anything wrong. Where do I get a kid like that?

Does she read your mind too? Our retriever does that. It was pretty funny today, she knew it was bath day and she was trying to hide under the coffee table. Silly pup.

strangely, she does seem to know way too much. Fortunately she doesn't mind bath day.

<<tying apron back on>>well, I'm going to go out back and pick the avocados, herbs and roses for tonight. Can someone keep an eye out for the UPS guy? I got an email message on the cafe's computer that Sushi's next delivery will be later this afternoon.

(wonder what he got THIS time?!)

Ok.... now that I fixed my computer....... I have contacted a design team to create our jungle room! It will double as a sauna. Anyhew, they are telling me its possible to put in lights that shine through the trees that emulate real sunlight! And they are putting in a sound system that SOUNDS like you are in the jungle to further make you feel youre in the jungle. And lastly a wind machine to simulate a breeze and a water pipes running in the ceiling so that you can make it RAIN! :mrgreen: The BAD part is this will cost about 10 million dollars. :ermm:

We could construct the Venice thing instead. It also mimics the environment. Wind.... sunshine.... a flowing river.... the sound. No rain though! :rolleyes: Dont know if it will LOOK real though because the horizon has to be painted on the walls. The space we have is about 1500 square feet.

OK..... please tell me which one you want. :)

I love the idea of both, Sush. I'd still say venice, as the rain would be nice in the jungle, but wouldn't we feel like we were at the Rainforest Cafe?
I think if we hired an artist directly from Italy, we could have the walls and ceiling painted well.

Here's another thought - Could we do a large, 16 seater boat that takes us from room to room, and from the music hall to the restaurant, to the ground level entrance, say, like the Pirates of the Carribean?

<<Bell above front door jingles>>

<<in comes the UPS delivery guy>>
ooh! nice shorts!

"hey, where do you want me to put this?"

Sushi! Your package is here!

Goldfish, here's a tip: don't smash Sushi's stereo.
oh, and here's a cannoli for you, and five bucks, only cause you're so quick to give me chocolate.

Back
Top Bottom