"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 04-03-2005, 11:58 PM   #1741
Hospitality Queen

ooh! nice sign!! I like the neon!
<<tying on rhinestone studded green apron>>
Where is Sushi???

Alix, hope your backside doesn't bruise...
I checked upstairs, but the double P brothers seem to be gone, so is my gym ready? Or are they still waiting on my laura ashley paint?

I'm looking forward to tomorrow's breakfast faire - sounds wonderful, especially peaches with apple smoked bacon.

Has anyone noticed that the CD I put on this morning is still playing? <<changing CD: Sting: dream of the blue turtles>> "there's a moon over bourbon street tonight......"

Making cool rise brioche for tomorrow's brunch crowd. Putting it into the frige to rise. Making a big pot of decaf for whoever may stumble into the cafe this evening. Making vanilla rum cream to dollop into the coffee.

why is there blood on the marble rolling pin that has "Alix" engraved on the side? why is there a "Russian for Dummies" book on the side table? Where is ALL the vodka?

<<ordering vodka from the local rep, also ordering extra vanilla rum>>

Old 04-04-2005, 12:32 AM   #1742
Master Chef

midnight shift.
luvs visits bang in hospital. the situation is much better.
audeo has cleared bang for release from the critical care unit.
meanwhile, bang's sister bombbomb has been released from the clink.
luvs enters cafe and orders a tomato and vodka drink. sush makes a bloody mary instead so luvs throws it in his face, punches him, and puts him in the hospital. he is bang's new roomie.

Old 04-04-2005, 12:42 AM   #1743
Hospitality Queen

Poor Sushi!

<<jkath goes to hospital with chicken soup with homade noodles, in hopes the boys both recoup faster>>

<<goes back to the cafe, tying on green apron>>

Luvs! shame on you! Now, behave yourself while I go outside to pick avocados. Can you please feed the animals for me?

<<jkath goes outside, picks 40 avocados, and puts plant food on the roses. Checks the tomatoes - doing well!>>

<<coming back inside - >>
oh Luuuuuuuuuuuuuvs! Do be a dear and check to see if the bathroom is clean, will you?
<<quickly locks luvs in the bathroom and hits the red button! out walks BLUE LUVS!>>

Luvs is now being chased by a lovesick emu.

<<jkath whispers to herself "that'll teach her to go after Sushi!">>
Old 04-04-2005, 01:33 AM   #1744
Executive Chef

Bambam has a police cruiser drive by every 20 minutes for the Cafe's protection. Some undesirables hanging out nearby.
Old 04-04-2005, 03:21 AM   #1745
Hospitality Queen

Mr. Bam, you ought to just get luvs to be the new security officer for the cafe. She can stand outside and keep the mugs from coming in. (we all know she can be quite tough)

<<getting late, got a call from the hospital - Bang is doing better, and can now eat 1/2 rack of ribs in one sitting, but still isn't back to the 4-rack guy we know. Sushi, on the other hand, is doing quite well, as his redheaded nurse had to give him mouth-to-mouth a couple of times (little did she know he was completely awake). The hospital charge nurse said he'll be out of there by 08:00 Monday morning.>>

**Yawn** still getting used to this time change.
<<turning off disco ball & giant tv. Going outside, turning off lights in jacuzzi, white lights in the avocado tree, saying goodnight to fluffy, the blue emu and blue luvs.
Going back inside, turning off CD, sweeping floor, laying green apron on the bar,
having a quick shot of hot cocoa, flipping sign to read "closed", turning off lights, locking door>>

Old 04-04-2005, 03:54 AM   #1746
Head Chef

Send a message via AIM to thier1754
Merci for your efforts, jkath. We've been gone visiting our son up north, watching movies and having prawn pad thai. Mmmm...

I'll take the morning shift tomorrow. *Thier puts out some chicken to marinate and makes homemade mayonnaise for tomorrow's thin sliced chicken, chipotle, jack cheese and sourdough po'boy sandwiches and mixes a huge batch of wine coolers. Thick slices the potatoes and covers them in water and a bit of lemon juice for home fried chips and checks on the supply of sel du mer for finishing them off after frying. Everything's ready, and jkath's brioche will be just the thing for brekkers with a bit of hot, rich cafe au creme.* 'Night, all!
Old 04-04-2005, 04:08 AM   #1747
Master Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to -DEADLY SUSHI-
Hey we should have a celebration for Bang when he gets back! *ordering shirts that say "We Love Bangbang"* *Buying a personalized construction hat and big coffee mug for Bang* Ok whos going to take care of the balloons?
Old 04-04-2005, 04:25 AM   #1748
Head Chef

Send a message via AIM to thier1754
I'll do the balloons!! I'll do the balloons!! I'm a retired street performer and balloon sculptor. *Thier madly begins inflating long, weenie-shaped balloons and twisting them into amazing, crazy, squeaky animal shapes . The crowd goes wild!*

Credit actually goes to stretch.com for this "Jumbo Longhorn"!
Old 04-04-2005, 05:01 AM   #1749
Master Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to -DEADLY SUSHI-
I sent Bang a card and some bonless BBQ chicken breasts without the skin to cheer him up.

PLUS..... I bought a portable cardiac defibrillator for the Cafe.

And anyone that works hear MUST learn CRP and how to operate the difibulator!!!
Hey I love the balloon Thier!
Old 04-04-2005, 08:26 AM   #1750
Master Chef

Send a message via MSN to crewsk
I know CPR!!! Can I shock somebody, pretty please?