Discuss Cooking's Virtual Bed and Breakfast

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i'll heat up some some of the black bean soup i made earlier. they deserve a break.:) :)
don't forget to hide some nachos for us! in the meantime, i'm making some steamed crab legs and a ribeye. i'm doing oysters on the half for the night ccrew, too. hungry?
uh-oh, my drawn butter needs skimmed!!!

13.gif
4.gif
5.gif
24.gif
39.gif

Whew! <<wiping forehead>> Cafe's Clean!

One customer just coming in the door. Could I have some chocolate mousse, jkath? I just whacked my little toe and it's ballooned up and red. Think I broke it...Dang it. A little chocolate always helps. :neutral:

<<running to thier with a giant bowl of Mousse au chocolat, with fresh whipped cream on top and dark chocolate shavings, and powdered sugar covered mandarin orange slices around the bottom plate>>
Hope I'm not too late with this first aid, thier!

No problem - I made a small helping for myself too :)
Good to have you back at the cafe- not too much has gone on, especially today...

I'm wondering if there's a holiday I didn't know about...
perhaps it's "if you live in anywhere other than the extreme west states, do not go to the cafe" day

Could be! More likely, everyone's out enjoying the sunshine. Our orders have been very slow on the website today, too, so people are out and about. I'm doing website/e-mail catch up and hanging out at my violin technique sites waiting for my owie toe to settle down. Walking is difficult!:(

How are things with you? Where are you in CA? We used to live in San Jose and raised our kids there 'til the youngest was 12.

I think you need to:
1. take some ibuprofen
2.soak your foot in a small washtub filled with warm water and epsom salt
3.have a glass of wine

We're down kinda inland of Pasadena (seems everyone knows where the rose parade is!)

(Hey - check out the posting I did on "DC favorite recipes" or something like that - I'm thinking it will be a great post full of the best of the best recipes.)

BTW - need any coffee or tea to go with that.....hey! your mousse is gone! (need more?)

Thanks, jkath...I did take ibuprofen. I've been icing, not doing hot water. Maybe I need to alternate. Hate to be a wuss, but you can't rush toes. They're just gonna hurt until they get better.

I'm going to check out your recipe post!

Tea would be nice -- I love Harney's black currant. Got any? :)

here's your black currant tea -
tea_cup.jpg

and ice is good for the first 20 minutes or so, but then you can soak it later on...and the epsom salts just make it happy.

I'm going to go start on cutting the backbone out of the chickens and rub 'em down with a good spice mixture before I put 'em on the grill, so I may be back later on - hold down the fort for me

THIER!!!!!!!!! :mrgreen: ((((((((((((((((HUG))))))))))))))) How are you??!! :in_love: We missed ya!

Wow Jkath...... averything is sparkling AND it smells great in here! Thanks for cleaning up. Good day to do it.... its dead around here.

I just got back from picking up our supplies! Can you 2 help out? Errrrrr...... just Jkath.... Thiers foot is broke. Always soak a broke part in cool water for the 1st 48 hours...... after that soak it in warm water. And LOOSELY tape it to the toe next to it. :)

*getting in truck and backing it up to the loading dock*

Thanks, Sushi! Hugs are good! It's great to be back. :D

*limp limp* I can help, but I'm slow. :) I'm wearing my dh's shearling lined slippers because I can't get my own on with the fat toe. *Thier shuffles over and starts unloading stuff.* What's in these boxes??:ermm:

Back
Top Bottom