Discuss Cooking's Virtual Bed and Breakfast

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
No Thier..... no good looking ladies that I have seen on the highway. Freeway its not though. :rolleyes: There are 2 tolls each way. 40 cents each. ANNNNNNND if you dont have something called an I-Pass which you put on your windshield and automatically deducts money from an account you set up with the state, then it would cost me 80 cents per toll! :ermm: ANNNNND there are some tolls around here if you dont have the I-Pass device that would cost $1 per toll.

Traveling on the highway costs some dough around Chicago. :neutral:

I was hopping that The Grotto would get a nice kick-off. Im going to have to contact some agents! :mad: Anyone you folks would like to see appear at the Cafe? I have some Italian 'friends' that could get them here. :rolleyes: And if not that way we have some dough. I wanna see Shania Twain OR Eva Longoria. :mrgreen: Possibly Linda Cardellini from ER. Oh MAN!!!! :wub: Hmmmmmmmmm..... we have some GOOD choices!!! :-p

We are having a new bridge built near town that will have a three dollar toll at least one way. Anyone going to/working in Seattle or anything up north from our little town will get gouged. Most of the people here didn't want the bridge, but they are building it anyway. Here's a picture of what the two bridges will look like when they're done (the one on the left is our bridge now, and the one on the right is the new one under construction):

So much for our sleepy little town, that used to have a small highway leading away from our pretty bridge. Now there's a huge interchange. It looks like LA now. Know how much we're gaining? TWO LANES!! :angry:

Phil Collins? :shock: Im a bit surprised. He lives in a suburb of London. Thats gonna be some BIG coin! Anyone on this side of the globe?! :LOL:

Thier that is one EXPENSIVE bridge!!! Holy cow.... do they wash your car as you drive through? :shock: Will you have to take it every day??

By the way I made some avacado dip with a flash of buffalo wing sauce and garlic. *bringing chips out*
I also made a pitcher of lime-on-aide. ENJOY!!!! :mrgreen:

sush he has several houses. one in london one in sweden and one around la i'm sure. he's bound to be in the u.s. somewhere !!!! if not then... hmmm orlando bloom maybe?

Yum...Thanks, Sush. That hits the spot. Think I'm going to grill outside tonight. I use Rainee's barbeque sauce. We don't carry it yet, but I think we're going to start stocking it. It's really nice and isn't loaded with sugar.

DH is out pulling weeds. I banished him to the yard and away from the tv! He's had his second glass of wine, so he's 'way too entertaining right now, anyway. Drives me a bit batty! :blink:

I read the posts and your situation, chef. I was cheated on eBay, too, although most of my purchases were fine. I ordered a Rowe pottery pitcher that looked fine in the picture, and the description said it had never been used, just displayed. When I received it, it obviously had been designed to have a lid, which was missing, and the inside was dirty as if flowers and water had been stored in it for a long time -- it was discolored. I voiced my objections to the seller, and she told me it never had a lid and had just sat on her counter without anything in it. Not true.

She also had taken weeks to ship it, and at first I was very nice about her oversight and told her not to worry and that I wouldn't give her a bad feedback. Then I received the item and saw the condition and really should have given her bad feedback. I ended up giving no feedback at all. I'm a wuss.

middie said:
no i'm not. okay yes i am. j/k. just giving you my honest opinion. and that's exactly what it sounds like to me.

Well, I usually try to give folks the benefit of the doubt, so that's why I posted about my Ebay seller here.

Cause if I was picking on her without good cause, I wanted to know. I hate to be mean to folks when I don't have to.

I knew you guys would set me straight. Thanks.

thier1754 said:
I read the posts and your situation, chef. I was cheated on eBay, too, although most of my purchases were fine. I ordered a Rowe pottery pitcher that looked fine in the picture, and the description said it had never been used, just displayed. When I received it, it obviously had been designed to have a lid, which was missing, and the inside was dirty as if flowers and water had been stored in it for a long time -- it was discolored. I voiced my objections to the seller, and she told me it never had a lid and had just sat on her counter without anything in it. Not true.

She also had taken weeks to ship it, and at first I was very nice about her oversight and told her not to worry and that I wouldn't give her a bad feedback. Then I received the item and saw the condition and really should have given her bad feedback. I ended up giving no feedback at all. I'm a wuss.

There are a few bad apples out there, but most of the sellers are good.

I am sorry about your bad experience and rejoice over our good transactions.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom