"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 04-12-2005, 11:21 PM   #2261
Master Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to -DEADLY SUSHI-
Well Happy anniversary Crewsk! Your prize for the 2000th post will be there in a couple of days! I didnt forget ya.

Poor Emu. Struck down by a golf cart. I will eat it in rememberance of all the good times we had. I wonder what goes good with Emu? I guess I'll make some fried potatos with garlic and rosemary and a side of peas.

Say..... hows the garden going outside? Im not good around taking care of plants.

Old 04-13-2005, 12:04 AM   #2262
Head Chef

Send a message via AIM to thier1754
Sushi: The International Commission on Emu Usage, Care, Training, and Propagation says the following: "Emu should be prepared and cooked only after it has been plucked and the pin feathers singed and picked. Cut off head and legs and remove innards, saving them for another use (pickling, gravies, etc.). Plunge entire emu into a large -- very large -- pot of boiling water seasoned generously with salt, garlic and fresh rosemary. If emu carcass floats to the top of the pot during cooking, weight down with a heavy plate. Simmer gently, skimming any foam that rises to the top. When emu is tender and skin begins to separate, remove emu carefully and brown until crispy in hot EVOO (hi, Rachel!!) until desired crispiness is obtained. (Dry emu first to prevent dangerous splattering.) Serve with creamed parsnips and steamed spinach with a squeeze of lemon."

Regarding the garden: I weeded the roses all afternoon; didn't you NOTICE???!! MEN!!!.......

Old 04-13-2005, 12:45 AM   #2263
Head Chef

I'm assuming, since no one is posting, that you've all gone to the market to pick up a live emu (back of the store; look in large wire pen. If in doubt, follow the smell...resembles fresh chicken manure...). Happy cooking!!
Old 04-13-2005, 01:01 AM   #2264
Master Chef

Quote:
The International Commission on Emu Usage, Care, Training, and Propagation says the following: "Emu should be prepared and cooked only after it has been plucked and the pin feathers singed and picked. Cut off head and legs and remove innards, saving them for another use (pickling, gravies, etc.). Plunge entire emu into a large -- very large -- pot of boiling water seasoned generously with salt, garlic and fresh rosemary. If emu carcass floats to the top of the pot during cooking, weight down with a heavy plate. Simmer gently, skimming any foam that rises to the top. When emu is tender and skin begins to separate, remove emu carefully and brown until crispy in hot EVOO (hi, Rachel!!) until desired crispiness is obtained. (Dry emu first to prevent dangerous splattering.) Serve with creamed parsnips and steamed spinach with a squeeze of lemon."
perfect! Great! What is a EVOO???! Where are we going to get one and whos Rachel?

Quote:
Regarding the garden: I weeded the roses all afternoon; didn't you NOTICE???!! MEN!!!.......
Yes? I did. Very nice! Very very nice!
Old 04-13-2005, 01:10 AM   #2265
Head Chef

Rachel?? Why, she's the girl you're in love with on the Food Network! The one who cooks everything in EVOO!! Sushi, I'm really, reallllly sorry, but she's engaged. *Thier hands Sushi an extra-absorbent Kleenex for his copious tears. Sushi collapses, overcome with grief...*
Old 04-13-2005, 03:31 AM   #2266
Master Chef

OH the HUMANITY!!!
How could this BE!? Rachel and I were meant to be together...... as me as her boss so I can call her into my office and FIRE her talentless pie-hole eatting..... over rippened cabbage patch head!!!!!
Old 04-13-2005, 10:58 AM   #2267
Everymom

Morning all! Its rainy and gloomy out there today so there will be major baking going on in here today. At some point groceries will need to be on the agenda, but I REALLY don't want to go out there in that crud.

So, *pouring Butter Pecan coffee* anyone have any requests? I started with brown sugar shortbread. Goes great with coffee.
Old 04-13-2005, 11:12 AM   #2268
Head Chef

Oh, shortbread, please, Alix! I'm off to work shortly, but there's always room for shortbread (or was it Jello???). Make that coffee a mocha, please.
Old 04-13-2005, 11:15 AM   #2269
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by -DEADLY SUSHI-
OH the HUMANITY!!!
How could this BE!? Rachel and I were meant to be together...... as me as her boss so I can call her into my office and FIRE her talentless pie-hole eatting..... over rippened cabbage patch head!!!!!
Now, now, Sushi...You're just bitter because she didn't choose you. You must move on with your life in a dignified fashion. Women are like busses...there will be another one along shortly.
Old 04-13-2005, 11:16 AM   #2270
Everymom

Mocha coming right up thier. How are you this fine morning? The roses look wonderful and the rain will make them very happy. *sliding plate of shortbread to thier and handing her mocha with whipped cream and shaved chocolate on top*

I am trying to keep a mini rose alive in my house. Any suggestions? I have it in a nice warm south window, I water it religiously and I even mist it. So far it is still alive (a whole week! thats a record for me) and I would like to see it thrive. I have black thumbs though.