Discuss Cooking's Virtual Bed and Breakfast

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
hi, brooks! have some pierogies! and i made some chicken noodle soup! rest of the stuff is still cooking.
poor sush is sick, but middie's looking after him.
~handing brooksy a steaming plate of buttery, scallion-y pierogies~

Brooksy said:
-->Brooksy comes sniffing around the door<--
Fee Fi Fo Fum
I smell the pooh of a porky bum

-->Peers around the cafe, sniffs again<-- Strange, seems to be coming from the bar..... Couldn't be. I'll just go & set up my smoke box in the pine forest, duck over to the garden and trim the pecan tree for some wood, then I find me some bacon of the hoof.

-->off goes Brooksy with smoke box under arm..........<--

Don't worry Sushi, I'll have some fresh bacon for you shortly.. :angel:

Well, I was going to wait until Tinkerbell got a little bigger to eat her because she's only about 5lbs right now.:-p Really, wouldn't it be wise to wait until we can at least roast her whole & feed a crowd?

Are there any pierogies left? I think I'll have a few for breakfast.

morning everyone. poor sush, he slept but not soundly. he's having a hard time breathing. he's still sleeping. can i have some pierogi's too ?? potato and cheese is my favorite !!

pierogies all around!
ummmm, sorry, tink, but a pig roast is always a great time...
you were always a GOOD pig, though! and the bow is so YOU!

Sushi, how are you feeling? Still sniffly?
Here's some ginger ale and a popsicle.

The place sure is clean, luvs! Good job.

But.......do we have to oust tinkerbell? Please re-think it! I'd rather cook a ham from the store.

thanks, jkath! i used a half bottle of clorox!
don't worry, i called the butcher and got a good price on a whole pig for a roast. tink won't be for dinner anytime soon!:-p at my Parent's keggers in thier 20's, they used to just put a big hog on a spit roaster and cook it for a looooong time. few things i remember were so yummy. it self-basted and the meet just peeled off.

Luvs, IMO, that's the best way to have a pig! YUM!!!! I have an uncle who raises cows for meat & he's talking about getting pigs for the same thing. The bad part is that I made pets of the first 2 cows he had. But he gave me a bunch of meat from them because I helped him take care of them. That was some of the best beef I have ever had. OK, we can keep Tink as a pet. She's just too cute to have for dinner!

I'm excited...I'm watching my tracking info for a UPS shipment. I've bought a new violin that's coming from Albuquerque and it's in Salt Lake City this morning. Should arrive on Friday. I'm hoping it will be THE one I've been looking for. Here's the man who made it: www.whedbeeviolins.com . He concentrates on cellos now, so his violins can be hard to come by. Here's a picture of the bow I bought a few months ago (it's like the Justin Poirson bow pictured--same maker, but that is not the price I paid for mine): http://www.indyviolins.com/in_stock4.htm . Now I have to go out and get lots of work to pay for my new equipment. :)

Last edited:
Well, I'm outta here. Need to put my face on, go see my brother at work to drop off some bread & a plant then it's off to my parents then church. Have a great evening & if I don't see y'all tonight I'll see ya tomorrow!

Your new baby arrive yet thier? I am waiting for a new set of contacts that are taking FOREVER to get here. Hope your violin is quicker!

Me, too, but contacts are so necessary. How long have you been waiting? My fiddle was supposed to have been shipped last Wed., but it didn't even get to the UPS store until Sat. The owner was sick. Then they didn't get it on the truck until Monday night. :glare: I'm playing another one while I wait that I'm considering buying instead...It's on loan for a week. I have a week with the other one to decide whether I'm going to keep it. It's supposed to be a great instrument, and I'm really excited.

Last edited:
Thier thats pretty darn exciting!!! :clap: What will it look like? Did he give you options for color? Do you get to pick certain sound nuances of it? You know.... could it sound 'warmer'? What kind of wood? What kind of strings? *ahhhhh.... CHOOOOOO!!!!*

Argh, I still feel crappy.
18.gif

sush who told you you could get out of bed ??? !!!
btw what did the doc say ?? you better get back to bed
or i'm gonna call him again !!! do you need anything?

Back
Top Bottom