"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 04-14-2005, 02:39 PM   #2331
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to pdswife Send a message via MSN to pdswife Send a message via Yahoo to pdswife
Oh thank you!!!
That coffee was perfect. You don't know how much I needed it.

Vacations from work are wonderful. I'm glad that you decided to take a day off. Sorry that it's raining though. It's not nice here either. No rain yet...just drizzle and grayness with the sun poking through in spaces.

I haven't check the s e x offender list lately.. but, a few months ago we were all sent a notice by the police that one was moving in right down the road. I am so thankful that my child is a grown up now and I can quit worrying so much about that kind of thing. I still worry about my saftey but not as much as I used to worry about my son's.

Enjoy your day off. Do something really FUN!!

Old 04-14-2005, 03:01 PM   #2332
Head Chef

Send a message via AIM to thier1754
Me, too...Thankful that my guys are grown. We have a lot of children in this neighborhood, though, and it is a concern. It's just good to know who's out there, some of them just "the guy next door" type that you wouldn't know to watch out for without these local listings.

Let's root for the sun to come out, and you do something fun, too!

Old 04-14-2005, 03:08 PM   #2333
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Yahoo to middie
there's 7 in my area. i know exactly where they live. my son doesn't go anywhere without me though. even in the front yard i'm right there with him. i'm not worried about it...YET. however when he starts to go off and do his own thing with his friends i'll be worried sick.
Old 04-14-2005, 03:12 PM   #2334
Master Chef

Send a message via MSN to crewsk
There are 2 in our town out of a population of about 860 people & I know where they all live too. It's a scary thought!!
Old 04-14-2005, 03:49 PM   #2335
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to pdswife Send a message via MSN to pdswife Send a message via Yahoo to pdswife
I really think they ought to keep them locked up... IMO.
Old 04-14-2005, 03:52 PM   #2336
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Yahoo to middie
or send them all to a ghost town where nobody else lives, to live amongst each other.
Old 04-14-2005, 06:15 PM   #2337
Everymom

Sorry about last night crewsk, I posted and my computer went kerflooie. I hate THAT!

I missed you all today. Darn work! Interfering with my social activities.

As to the predators living in your neighbourhood and what to do with them. Well, I have my own opinions on that one. They are unprintable here, but they are creative.

I have no madeleines left thier, sorry! I DO have a pile of oatmeal chocolate chippers sitting around, and some rice krispy squares too. They are going fast though.
Old 04-14-2005, 06:45 PM   #2338
Everymom

OK, I have to run for a bit. Making dinner soon. Back later y'all.
Old 04-14-2005, 07:00 PM   #2339
Hospitality Queen

Thank you for the coffee! I think I'll need more, though.

We got back from Vegas last night. We stayed on the 31st floor at NY, NY and had a marvelous time. The first night I won $500 at blackjack, so the next day I went shopping. (same type of thing on night/day 2 as well) That's my kind of vacation! We had great food (that's the other reason to vacation, right?) including the "Nine Fine Irishmen Pub". At night there was an irish band, and the folks in the pub were swinging their beer mugs and singing along. It looked just like we were in a movie. The food was fab, of course, with bangers & mustard mash, shepard's pie, fish & chips & a wonderful appetizer with various fruits, cheeses & breads.
Then there was Samba, a brazilian place in the Mirage. They brought meat out on large (2-1/2' long) skewers and kept on bringing them in random order till we couldn't eat anymore. There was flank steak, bacon wrapped turkey with a honey glaze, roast beef, chicken legs, pork ribs, pork loin roast & fish filets. They also served rice w/black beans, roasted plantains with honey sauce, carrots in a good sweet/spicy sauce, and a lovely salad with hearts of palm, olives, carrots & a wonderful dressing.

Okay, now I'm hungry...

I'll take 3 cream puffs, Maidrite!

Oh, and crewsk, don't feel bad about your husband leaving the day after your anniversary. When my second son was born, my husband left 6 days later for a trip he'd received through work, so he took his best friend and they golfed! And did I mention I was recovering from a c-section and had a 2-1/2 year old at the time?

Old 04-14-2005, 07:50 PM   #2340
Master Chef

Send a message via MSN to crewsk
I would have hung him by his toenails jkath!! I know what it's like to recover from a c-section & it's no fun even when you have help. I'm more ticked off that if I even mention going someplace for a few hours he has to know exactly when I'll be back, who I'm going with, & what we'll be doing. It drives me nuts!!