Discuss Cooking's Virtual Bed and Breakfast

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
...hi guys - boy, am I tired!

Crewsk, I'm so sorry to hear about TC! Why is it that kids always seem to get hurt on the week summer begins? Poor guy!

I've got nothing on Ty's floor right now except him in his sleeping bag, with Katie dog right next to him. All contents of his bedroom are littering the living room right now. My husband is trying to watch TV through the rungs of the bed frame that is currently sitting sideways. It's actuall kinda funny.
Tomorrow I'll pull out all the closet stuff, and then I get to try to take off 2 ceiling-high bookcases that are bolted to the walls....(or maybe I'll cut the carpeting around them and leave 'em there).... Then out comes the old carpet and padding, and then it's on my hands and knees for about 4 hours scrubbing all the sticky residue off (think gum) the floor. Anyone want to help?

Gosh, kath, I'd love to help but I...uh...I have to shampoo my hair and brush the cat and clip my hangnails and bleach my teeth and practice and..........:neutral:

gee, thier, you are obviously a busy girl...
how 'bout the rest of you?

(or could someone at least bring me a warm toasty sourdough parmesan soft pretzel and a thermos of coffee tomorrow morning?)

um, well, jkath, you know i'd LOVE to, but it just so happens that my doctor JUST called and said that i shouldn't scrub any floors, as it's hazardous to my health.
sigh. too bad.
1.gif
i was REALLY looking forward to helping you scape the goo off the floor, too. what a shame...
i'm gonna make a cheeseburger and have a cold beer. are you hungry? i'll make you one, too, if you want.
man, am i bored. i turned down an invite to the bar cause one of the gals who was going had a cold and i didn't want to catch it. so here i am, all alone.

Good morning!
*Good for you luvs, to not go out "a-drinkin".

I've put the coffee pot on, and it's still brewing. This morning we're having vanilla nut. I'm not going to start the carpet-pulling till around 8, and it's not even 7 yet, so let's get some breakfast made...

let's see....How about Blintzes?

<<Making my favorite Blueberry/Cointreau warm sauce>>

Anyone want to fry up some thick slice bacon?

*Putting on apron* I don't have too long here as we have to go do dance photos today but I will take the bacon and omelette stations. What would you like? *szzzzzzzzzzzz!!!*

morning, ladies. how're you guys doing?
lol, jkath, don't congratulate me TOO much for not going out barhopping. i still downed 11 beers so far and my Mom is taking me to get another 12-pack. (my car is broken and i wouldn't drink and drive, regardless.) i only have 3 beers to my name now, and i need some more.
i'm hungry! can i have a few blintzes, jkath?
~frying thick-sliced bacon~
sizzle, sizzle. OUCH! i got splashed! @#$%&* bacon!
i'm making some saged sausage patties, too.
i ordered some vermont maple syrup the other day, 6 1-gallon tins of it. it should be out on the loading dock by now.

I love Maple and Blueberry together!

I'll take an omelette, Alix, but can I have cottage fries, tomato and bacon inside, with a little horseradish cheddar?

Thanks!

uh oh...Ty's up...looks like it's time to pull out the carpet....

Luvs...... why is your mother assisting you in your death by alcohol? I dont get it.:ermm:

You KNOW we love you! Why are you drinking so much? :(

Im praying that you stop or at least cut back. You are destroying your body. I LUV you whether you are drinking or not. But please put our minds at ease......

Last edited:
sush, my Mother isn't assisting me in my death. she's driving me to the beer store so i don't get behind the wheel of my car that only has one functional headlight.
she takes the keys off of me when i've been drinking. we have an agreement on that.
as i've proven to her time and time again, if she doesn't take me, i'll just have someone else get it for me, and she knows that. she and my Dad hate when i go out barhopping and to parties, so they just prefer to take me to get alcohol that i can drink at home with a few select people.
i'm being 24, sush.
what we do around here is go to bars and clubs and keggers, ALL of us 20-somethings and even some of my 30-something friends. we drink, then drink some more, and then drink some more. it's just what you do in my town. we're all lushes. and believe me, lol, i have a mild case of lush-ism as opposed to some of those guys!
sush, i've just been a lush since 16 years old. i was on a beer-drinking team. i'm famous for doing the first 8-minute kegstand in town. i am noted for my tolerance to alcohol. that's just who i am. i've been at this for a long time, and it isn't gonna change anytime soon.
believe me, i have improved. i used to triple-book myself for weekend parties in high school.
i'll stop drinking so much when i get older.

Last edited:
Okay.
6.gif
But ask yourself. If you had a child. If you were a mother.... and you saw her/him drinking a LOT, what would you think or feel?

welp, i have some gripes.
i have MANY gripes.
i can't sleep.
my hair will not cooperate.
i lost 4 pounds.
my feeding tube is leaking and stomach acid burns like crazy on the skin!
i've been exceptionally cranky and i don't know why.
i hurt my sweet Mom's feelings.

my boyfriend is 28 and has been acting like he's 70.
i burnt my favorite all-clad pot.
i lost my cell phone charger.

I'll shut up now. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
oh, i'd hate it, sush, just like MY Parents hate when I drink, but they're letting me have my day. they've accepted that that's just what us kids all do. i'm not the only kid in the family who drinks like i do.

Well, you will be moving out soon. So after that I hope that their influence (everyone that drinks so much) will go away. And you will be content spending your money in other ways. Like shopping, bills, food, cool devices like iPod, a new car or whatever. But to protect your liver I suggest thta you take Milk Thistle. (((((((((((((((HUG))))))))))))))))))

------> http://www.ahrq.gov/clinic/epcsums/milktsum.htm

Milk Thistle regenerates your liver.

Here are some flowers Luvs :flowers:

*polishing brass in lounge*

*cleaning huge grill next to lake*

*cleaning & putting out patio furniture*

*testing outdoor sound system*

*looking at big grease smudge on pants* :glare:

*checking beef, lamb, pork and chicken in freezer*

:ohmy: Yikes! We are low on meat!

*going into office and ordering*

thanks for the flowers, sush. i wub you!:wub:
i don't expect things to change when i get my own place; my friends will probably just travel on down to my place to party and i'm sure some people will show up at my my door at 6am in search of a place to hang out.
i'm afraid to take milk thistle, sush. it might interact with my medications. i'm on 21 medicines.

:shock: Twenty ONE???!!!! Wait wait wait..... dosent the alcohol destroy or enhance some of the things that youre taking?

*grabbing super soaker* SQUUUUUUUUIRT!!!!!!!!!!

*looking at Luvs soaked* hee hee hee........ :-p

not really, sush. if i actually TOOK the pain pills i'm supposed to be on, i'd be in trouble, but i flushed both kinds.

hey! i just got soaked!
that's it! where's that other squirt gun? ~digging through fridge~
~filling squirtgun with ice water and food coloring.~

sush? i have a surprise for you! where are you?

Sushi, it's great to have you back taking care of things and running the place. Give Luvs a squirt for me and tell her that we love her and to stop doing dumb stuff...Wait a minute, I'll do that myself:

Luvs!!! Stop doing dumb stuff!!! You are bright and talented and have skill in the kitchen and many other areas, I'm sure...Look for some similar people in your town. You can't tell me every single young person in town is a boring lush...

why, thank you, thier.
but i'm not going to give up the alcohol. i kid you not, i know ONE person who doesn't drink, and she's anorexic and lives 40 miles away and has a baby and is almost 30. and i know a LOT of people, thier.
~look, thier! a DONKEY is behind the the counter!...
GOTCHA! you're just as soaked as ME now!!!! :LOL: ~

Back
Top Bottom