Discuss Cooking's Virtual Bed and Breakfast

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I want a new life. :cry: I owe $400 for my electrical bill. I was on a deffered payment program. Well I was 6 days late. They took me off and now they expect the WHOLE thing. I have $700 worth of medical bills. I owe the state of Illinois $242 for providing me too much unemployment. I owe the US Government $611. I owe credit card companies $5,100.00
I owe my bankruptcy lawyer $800 from 3 years ago. My rent is $800 a month. My car is $212 a month. Phone & broadband is $60 a month. Cable is $10 a month.

I dont think Im going to make it. Im so afraid. I dont know what to do. And no one can help me really. :cry:

I know you do...You're always taking care of other people. Here's a great big pink candy heart for you, Middie. You're always waiting on somebody -- we love you!!

It's tough when you suddenly realize that you have all those bad things happening at once, DS. It might help to divide and conquer. You're overwhelmed because you added them all together and it scared you. Try to take one or two of the bills and/or bad situations and take care of that one or two. Then move on to the next. I think that might make them a little less frightening.

BC

Sushi, do you have family anywhere near? Have you thought about a debt consolidation/counseling service, maybe through your church? We had a family member who did that and it has worked out well for them. What denomination are you?

Bluecat I have thought of that. I have been thinking about the right tactic. Right now folks, my bank account is close to zero. I dont have enough cushion. And I dont have healthcare yet either. What happens if I get injured? My credit has tanked too. I keep trying to put all of this out of my mind, but today everything hit at once. The accident THEN I had to pay to renew my license plate sticker. That was $95.00

It just never ends.

Im a non-denominational Christian. Debt consolidation might work but I hear that destroys your credit worse than bankruptcy. Is that true? Yes, I have family. They have given me about $2000 in the last few years. I cant ask for more. They live about an hour away from me. I cant move in with them. My job would be VERY far away. :(

I cant see a way out of this.

Sush - you get on the phone and talk to these people. Be honest with them - see what the least is they will take.

$95.00 for a sticker???? Ours is $22.00 - wow, that's a lot!

Call these people - you'd be surprised at what some will take as long as you are honest with them.

Any chance of getting some kind of job to make some money - any amount of money will help right now.

I called my electric company tonight. I said I can pay $100 a month. They refused. They want it all. I CANT! I just dont have it. I was only 6 days late to pay and they cancelled my deferment plan. I asked to speak to a manager. They gave me a RECORDING and for me to leave a message. :neutral:

sush as long as you pay them as little as 1 dollar they can't shut you off. at least that's how it is here. even just a dollar... you're making an attempt to pay it.

really??? I wonder if thats true in Illinois!!! :mellow:

Im sorry folks. The Cafe is a place to get away from it all. I brought everyone down. BUT it feels so good to be carred about. I actually feel...... wait....... whats that feeling? LOVED! Yes..... I actually feel loved. And that settles my heart. :wub: :in_love: Heck, I wish we all could live close and visit.

sush i wish that too. and you are loved. probably more than you realize. don't worry about bringing us down. we're all friends and we need our friends from time to time no matter how bad things can get. sush i don't know how it is in illinois but try and call around and find out. ask co-workers or friends and see if it's true up there.

-DEADLY SUSHI- said:
really??? I wonder if thats true in Illinois!!! :mellow:

Im sorry folks. The Cafe is a place to get away from it all. I brought everyone down. BUT it feels so good to be carred about. I actually feel...... wait....... whats that feeling? LOVED! Yes..... I actually feel loved. And that settles my heart. :wub: :in_love: Heck, I wish we all could live close and visit.
Me, too. It would be fun!

I think you need to take that advice and make lots of phone calls and be persistant, Sushi. (I've heard you on the phone, and you have a great way of speaking and dealing with people.) It's kinda like us in retail here at the Whale. If you can't pay -- and sometimes we all run short -- don't be invisible. Find somebody who can be your contact person and let them know what your difficulties are, how you're doing, what actions you're taking to move along, and demonstrate your good faith in attempting to pay. We're all rooting for you!!!

Now eat your snack I made you and put your feet up for a while. Here's a warm spaniel puppy who just wandered in...I'm setting him in your lap. Wow! He's licking your face! He's taken to you already. He'll fall asleep on your lap and keep you warm...

2004199011056.jpg

Back
Top Bottom