Discuss Cooking's Virtual Bed and Breakfast

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well, since it's just me again, I'm turning up the stereo while I clean up around here.

<<turning on Sinatra's duet with Bono "I've got you under my skin">>

<<sweeping, mopping, cleaning tables, humming along to the music>>

jkath said:
Just realizing life's potentials.

Luvs, why are you still here? You need sleep girl! I think Thier is right - you need rest so you can be there for Mom and Bro tomorrow.

(did you tell your Dad he was right afterall?)

i'll be on my computer all night, jkath. i always am. i'm 'jammin to Tool and Phish and Sarah Maclaughlin and hanging out on the computer till later.
50.gif
i'm gonna lay down later but i probably won't get to sleep. not today. i just slept the other day.
and nope, i didn't let my Dad know he was right. not yet. he knows he's right, lol.

Anyone feel like coming to help me pack up my house? I'm tired of wrapping & boxing stuff!!! I've been up since 5 this morning & haven't gotten much of anything done. I have drank 2 pots of coffee though. I wish I could find a pic of our new house!! I want to show it to y'all!!

luvs_food said:
nope, i didn't let my Dad know he was right. not yet. he knows he's right, lol.

Tell him, luvs. He may know he's right, but you need to acknowledge it. Really.:)

Crewsk! I'll be right over after I get some packing tape, styrofoam peanuts and a bunch of newspaper.

PS - if you're packing plates, put a paper plate between each one and they will not break!

See ya later - gotta go do the gym thing

Here's the house. It's not a very clear pic, but it's all I could find. Jkath, I'm actually planning on packing my dishes with my towels & stuff between them. I'll keep the paper plate idea in mind too. Thanks!!:)
Greenville1079438.jpg

I love it, crewsk--it's adorable! My house is the same colors! I especially like the big front porch. It looks like you'll have lots of room for gardening, too! I'm really happy for you! :)

Thanks! The front porch really isin't all that big, it's rather narrow but on the left side there is a pretty good size porch. I'm going to have to invest in some fire ant killer before I do much of anything in the yard though. Those little things are everywhere!! After talking to some of the neighbors, they are having a tough time with them this year too.

I've never had to deal with fire ants--thank heavens! It looks like you have a nice sized lot for being in a sub-division. That's the one complaint I have about our house. The neighbors on either side are just too close for comfort some days! :rolleyes:

Does this mean we no longer get to talk about Norris? What town are you moving to?

We delt with fire ants at our last house. I found out the hard way that we had them in the front yard & couldn't wear shoes for about a week.:ohmy: It is a nice sized lot, that was the one thing I looked at before deciding on this house. I want neighbors as long as they aren't sitting right on top of us. Nah, we can still talk about Norris. I'll be coming back to visit with some of our neighbors quite frequently I guess. We're moving back to Liberty. We lived there for about 6 years. It's bigger than Norris & everyone wears pants:LOL: (unless you get lucky enough to be in Family Dollar when the town exhibitionist decides to try on clothes in the middle of the store:ermm: )! TC won't have to change schools either.

Crewsk, that house suits you so well! It is really adorable. I'm so happy to hear that TC will be in the same school too - that's such an important factor!

Is that a little tree in the front, on the left? If so, what type is it?
Are there any pre-established gardens?

Is Liberty Closer to Us Crewsk ?
Congrats on buying a house. I feel for you with the Fire Ants We have 1.5 Acres of Fire Ants. I Love Driving over their 2 foot High Hills. I have a couple of bags of Killer with their names one them . :cool:
I borrowed the Fraze from First Blood with my bandana on "I'll give you a war you won't believe"
I can't do that smashed up lip thing he does though! :LOL:

Oh while I am here can I please get a double order of #34 and Two Big Gulp cups of "UNSWEET" tea.
Sorry but last time my tea was like pancake syrup.
Oh and by the way I sing Elvis Songs just like him, name one just name it!

Okay, we have a jkath special coming right up: 1 french dip with horseradish sauce and munster on a toasted (not grilled) french baguette. Side order of a twice baked potato and a cup of french onion soup. (Now THAT is a meal!)
And some unsweet tea, with a fresh lemon slice.

Elvis...hmmm - never got into him, but how is your jailhouse rock?

jkath said:
Crewsk, that house suits you so well! It is really adorable. I'm so happy to hear that TC will be in the same school too - that's such an important factor!

Is that a little tree in the front, on the left? If so, what type is it?
Are there any pre-established gardens?

Thanks jkath!

There are 3 trees like that across the front. One on the right side & 2 on the left. I think there uesd to be 2 on each side. I have no clue what they are. I'll have to get a closer pic of one of them & see if I can find out. There aren't any established gardens but there will be before long!! I know that to the left of the side porch, will be turned into my rose bed.

Maidrite, Liberty isin't any closer to you. It's right outside Norris. So, we're only moving about 5 miles from our house now.

grrrrrr... i HATE my brother. i'm about to clock him. he locked me out.
i'm putting on sarah mclaughlin's 9/11 memorial version of 'angel'.
it always makes me cry but it's very soothing.
so does that movie 'city of angels'. they play 'angel' during it.
i sob.

Last edited:
Luvs, That my favorite sobbing song of mine. It was played at both my mother and my sisters funeral. Its absolutley beautiful!! I sing it myself.

i need a drink. i'm making a margarita.
anyone else thirsty?
in reality, i'm waiting on the 'ol fiance so we can go out to this Greek festival here in town.
i really, really hope they have beer there, though.
GRRRRRRRRRRR.... my subwoofer is giving me the hardest time. i'm about ready to chuck it into the trash can.

Heat said:
Luvs, That my favorite sobbing song of mine. It was played at both my mother and my sisters funeral. Its absolutley beautiful!! I sing it myself.

oh, that's so sad, heat! i got misty-eyed just reading your post.
another one that gets me is pink floyd's 'wish you were here.'
my friend's teenaged little brother drowned and that's what they played at his funeral. a couple of my friends' Dads came and played it along with some of my friends on thier acoustic guitars while we hung out around the bonfire- we were at a kegger-, and it took all of my strength not to start weeping.

Last edited:
~putting biggie smalls cd in cd player~
singing and dancing... 'biggie, biggie, biggie, can't you see?
sometimes your words just hypnotize me.'
(i seriously can't quit dancing and singing. i've been at it all day and alll of last night.)

grrrrrrr, i just got 3 new voice mails. hang on while i get them.

Back
Top Bottom