Discuss Cooking's Virtual Bed and Breakfast

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
jkath said:
Cream cheese scrambled eggs with cheddar and hot sauce, and buttered toast.......coming up! *ding*
But, no beer - Bang told me he lost the keys to the wine cellar, and I just moved all "spirits" downstairs 2 days ago. So, we have to wait for him.
So, how about some warm milk with vanilla Quik?

The black bean salad looks really good! I think I may need to have a plate-full!
thanks, jkath. don't worry about the beer. i have a few in my bag.
but warm milk with vanilla quik souds great, too!
i'll have both.
i hope you enjoy the salad! it has black beans, minced onion, red pepper flakes, cilantro, avacado, minced garlic, and a little red wine vineger and olive oil.
there's some sour cream in the fridge if you need it.

Oh my lord. I have missed so much on here. How will I ever catch up? I don't have time right now to read everything so if I say something dumb just ignore me.

How are you all? I missed you! Things are wild here right now. I brought some blueberry bagels with regular cream cheese and some cracked wheat ones with smoked salmon cream cheese. I'm putting on a pot of coffee, anyone want some? Lets sit out on the patio and catch up.

Hey, Alix!! I've missed you! I don't have time to sit on the patio, since I have to shower and go to work and then to a wedding rehearsal, but let's catch up later. Sounds like you've been extremely busy. Catch us up on your life! :)

great to see you alex.
~heading out to patio~
anything good for lunch? hmmmmm.... i might make some steak salads and bloody marys. anyone hungry?

~snacking on cajun popcorn.~

Hi thier! Sorry you can't stay to chat. Yes indeed things have been busy. I have picked up some shifts at work and ended up covering for two people at once.:wacko: As well, the kids ball/dance/school schedules are always nuts in June. Once I get past the 18th of June I will be a BIT calmer. Dance will be over then and all I will need to worry about is tournaments for ball. Cities and Provincials (Like state championships for you guys). It is always so nice to get back in here and catch up with y'all.

*Kicking back in a patio chair, sipping coffee*

Hey luvs, I would love a steak salad, but hold the booze for me. Got too much driving and it is WAY too early here. Not even noon yet.

Mmmmm, bagels and salad for lunch. Sounds yummy. I am going for another coffee. Anyone?

OH, I brought some pots of petunias for the sunny half of the patio (Daddy Blue's and Whites) and some pansies for the shady half (Swiss giant yellow blotch and blue blotch in the other pot). What do you think? do we need some hanging stuff for the awning?

there, there, jkath. chin up. i'll make you some cocoa with marshmallows. (((((((hugs))))))
i posted a pic of the house i'm buying on a new thread, guys. be sure to check it out!

I'M HERE! Sorry jkath! Kids came home and wanted lunch. GEEZ! Don't they know they shouldn't interfere with my computer time? LOL!!

Heres some cocoa, please don't be mad! I missed you! Whats shaking with you?

okay, extra cocoa accepted. *sniff...sniff*

Actally, I'm on my way out the cafe door. Laundry monster is still trying to devour me, and I've got like 19 things to do before I pick up the boys from their schools. Then, it's going shopping for new sneaks for the little one, and the h wants me to pick up some lobster tails (yuk!) for this weekend. If you know how to cook those thingies, will you post a recipe? He's invited his mom over and I've never cooked or eaten them, so I don't quite know what to do with them. I'm also buying some food for me to make on the grill. Quite possibly tri-tips.

that's how me and my Dad cook 'em, alix. but we get live lobsters, not the tails. hang on, i know i have a recipe here, somewhere...found it!
BROILED LOBSTER TAILS
2 qts. water
2 tbsp. seasalt
1 24-oz. pkg. South African lobster tails
1/3 c. butter
lemon wedges

bring water to boil. add salt and lobster tails. cover and bring to boil again. simmer 15 min.; drain. cut undershell with scissors to prevent curling. insert long metal skewer through tail to shell side, then through shell again. place meat-side up on broiler rack. brush with butter. broil 2-3 minutes. serve with melted drawn butter and lemon wedges.
serves 3-4.

:cry: I want to cry!! We just gave away our mama cat & 2 of her kittens. They are going to a nice farm to live. We couldn't take the mama cat to our new house because she won't stay inside anymore & we didn't want her getting run over(or stolen) in the subdivision we're moving to. We're keeping 2 kittens as house cats when we move though. I've had Littlebit for almost 5 years.

Oh crewsk! My heart is breaking for you! I would be an absolute mess. I am glad you get to keep two kittens though. Can you visit Littlebit?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom