Discuss Cooking's Virtual Bed and Breakfast

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
230956925l113411030.jpg
how's this, Thier?

<<pouring dark chocolate from Switzerland into the cup>>

Here's your marshmallows - I need to go now - enjoy!
And, have a crumpet too!

Thier, is that your violin in your avatar? COOL.

I am off to shower now folks, back afterward. *washing, and putting tea cup away in the china cabinet*

I'll make madeleines for afternoon tea. Ciao!

Oooooooooooo! Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! VEEEERY nice! I thought we were not allowed to call them fiddles though? Not PC and all that.

Not true. You'll find that many professionals call them a fiddle much of the time. It's kind of a term of endearment or a musician's slang. Fiddle music is also a style of music - indigenous to certain areas, esp. of the US. But it's all played on the same instrument, made essentially the same way.

<<all in unison>>
"Thank you Mrs. Thier"

(I had a feeling like I was back in grade school listening to my teacher)

I'm popping in for a quick bite. Actually, my cottage cheese isn't what I really wanted, but I don't have time for a pan of manicotti florentine right now... so does anyone have one lying around?

jkath said:
<<all in unison>>
"Thank you Mrs. Thier"

(I had a feeling like I was back in grade school listening to my teacher)

I'm popping in for a quick bite. Actually, my cottage cheese isn't what I really wanted, but I don't have time for a pan of manicotti florentine right now... so does anyone have one lying around?

Oh, geez. Did I have the bun in the back and the red pencil over my ear again? Sorry! I spent so many years teaching my kids and violin students, I guess I slipped into instructor mode...(There WILL be a quiz. :dry: )

That's what it's all about...for me, anyway! If I can't touch hearts, I don't care to play. I'm working on Celtic music right now -- Irish, Scottish -- and that goes right back to my ancestral fiddle roots.

I have to go do some housework. BLECH! The dog is looking at me funny around a pile of laundry. LOL. Talk to you all soon.

Back
Top Bottom