Discuss Cooking's Virtual Bed and Breakfast

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I was going to ask the same thing, middie--I'd love the recipe, too, crewsk, if you're able to get your hands on it!

It's miserable here, too, middie. I'm hoping we get some storms to break the humidity a little. It's beyond uncomfortable.

pa this is our 11th day in a row of 90 degree plus temps. we were supposed to get hit with really bad storms yesterday. we had thunder and it got really windy but the storms passed right over and hit areas south of us. tomorrow is supped to be a high of 93 degrees again. supposed to rain today and tomorrow but we'll see lol. at least we get to use our pool this year unlike the past 2 years lol.

What I wouldn't give for a pool right now!!! We've had the same thing happen here. Lots of 90 degree days with threats of storms but the either break up before they reach us or pass right around us. It's so dry, too. DH is watering the yard now, while he can, cause with this weather I'm sure we'll have water restrictions soon!

Morning! Its a beautiful day in the neighbourhood here. The birds are singing (squawking actually...magpies), the kids are happy, (no school), and I am on my second cuppa. AHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

So whats going on here today?

*Squiiiiiirt!!!* Heeheehee! Hey middie, look what was left in the fridge? Cooler now? *running out onto the patio, giggling wildly*

oh yuck pa... well get in your car and come over here. you can be here by 7 lol.
i'm sure it'll still be hot. we'll be at my son's ball game but help yourself to the pool and we'll be home about 8:30 lol

I'm on my way, middie! Alix, I could use an entire boat-load of water balloons today! I can't imagine what our electric bill will be like this month after running the AC so much! :shock:

So to cool off, I'm going to get myself a BIG bowl of mint oreo cookie ice cream. If I'm lucky I'll have some hot fudge hiding in the pantry. Anyone want some?

PA & middie, I'll be more than happy to share the recipe when I get it!!:shifty:

I don't know what the temp is here but it's hot & humid. We've been having storms at night & it rained for a little while yesterday afternoon. There's some pretty nasty looking clouds outside right now. I hope it holds off until we get the rest of the stuff from the other house.

hi!
mmm, i just got some incense and sage candles and plumeria essential oil and it smells Heavenly in here!
i had to go the ER last night! my hands started getting all tingly and then it went up my arms and to my face. then i couldn't move my arms and my hands clenched so tight that my Mom couldn't pry them loose! it was an allergic reaction and they said it was a 'distonic reaction'. scary! i was really dizzy and my blood pressure dropped 30 points.
all better now, though.
i brought some homemade fruit and juice bars to help us cool off. it's hot here, too. they're strawberry-blueberry. help yourselves.

Last edited:
wow! cafe's empty tonite!
oh well, i'll just clean up a little and get something cooking.
think i'll roast some chickens for sandwiches with lettuce, tomato, mayo and pepper tomorrow and make some black bean soup.
see you guys later!

okay. guess you guys are all busy.
i'm putting on 'Dark Side of the Moon' and 'the Wizard of Oz' (know how they synchronize?) and mixing up a cosmo and then maybe going to bed. i have an appointment at 11am tomorrow.

Just thought I'd pop in & say goodmorning! I'm off to the old house to get my roses & a few other plants. My pepper plants are full of blooms & little bity peppers!!:clap: I'm glad I kept them in pots. Then it's off to my in-laws for a little while. My FIL was being a big pain in the you know what last night. My MIL called & said she thought he had a stroke but he refused to go to the hospital.:mad: Hubby wanted to go up there last night & make him go but my MIL wouldn't let him. Sometimes I wonder if she just wants him to be sick.

Hope all goes well with your FIL (and MIL). It sounds like you and DH have your hands full with them sometimes! :rolleyes:

You're so lucky you had a lot of your plants in pots! It would be awful to have to leave the behind! I just noticed last night that my tomatoes have a bunch of little baby green tomatoes on them. Just in time too, becuase my basil is growing out of control--it's time to start making big pots of sauce!!! :chef:

*comming out of office*

GUYS!!!!!!!!!!! I have an idea to make up the revenue that we are loosing! :) Thing is..... it will cost $8.8 million dollars. :glare: We can turn this place into a Bed and Breakfast!!!!! :w00t2: :w00t2: :clap: :clap: It would have 32 rooms for guests. We would have to build the rooms above and around the gym and my room. I have been in talks with the village counsil for the last 3 days. If we "donate" to their favorite charity ( :glare: ) we could do it!!!

PLUS we could build a ramp over the street to the Barber Shop AND give them $50,000 for improvements!

BUT..... as you all know we cant do this until everyone approves. So PLEASE chime in! We need seven 'yes' votes.
And we will contract Bang to do the work! :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom