Discuss Cooking's Virtual Bed and Breakfast

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Orders up BangBang here you go. Heres a Cherry Coke to go with it.

Ok I need a # 81 for Barbara and a # 102.3 for me, and 2 Bottle waters

I've had a rather productive day. I picked almost a gallon of blackberries at my parents. They are in the fridge right now & I plan on making my freezer jam tonight. My back got rather crispy while I was out there though. Oh, I also found out that Japanese beetles like to fly down shirts:ohmy: & it's fun to tie a string around a June bugs leg & watch it fly around in circles!!:LOL: I also found a large muskidine(sp?) or scuppernong(sp?), I don't know which one it is, vine that's loaded with fruit. I'll be going back as soon as that's ripe to pick some. I can't wait!! I had a little scare while I was there too. I was in this huge pile of brush picking berries & a huge black snake went between my feet! I'm just glad it wasn't a cotton mouth or copperhead, we find those a lot around my parents house. Ahh...the joys of living in the woods!!

Oops! I didn't mean to skip your order Maidrite, sorry, I was rambling! OK, for Barbara lobster chunks in cream sauce over linguini & for you a bacon wrapped filet, medium rare, loaded baked potato, & 2 bottled waters. Hope y'all enjoy that!

Any more bacon wrapped filet left, Crewsk? It sure sounds good - and I'm not even hungry!

Anyone seen any good movies at the theaters lately?

Here ya go jkath! Would you like a loaded baked potato too?

I haven't been to a movie theater in so long that I don't even remember what one looks like inside!:ohmy:

cata.gif

Crewsk:
Here's something to put in your garden to replace that big black snake!

Baked potato? Sure, if you INSIST!
We took the kids to Madagascar last weekend, but I'd like to go see a grown up movie. Unfortunately I bet I see those about once a year! It's just soooo expensive these days.

:ROFLMAO: Too bad it's not a garden though. It's just a huge feild that my uncle normally keeps his cows in. Black snakes don't bother me, they keep the mice, rats, & bad snakes away.

You bet, Bang. Here's the recipe I'm using to fry some up for you. I've also cooked up some okra in tomato sauce and made some old fashioned beaten buttermilk biscuits with fresh butter and strawberry freezer jam.

FRIED GATOR, Fried Alligator

Yield: 6 servings

3/4 cup all-purpose flour
3 teaspoons cornstarch
2 tablespoons garlic powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 1/4 cups cold water

2/3 cup cornmeal
2 Florida green onions, finely chopped
2 tablespoons coarse ground black pepper

2 pounds Florida alligator ( gator ) meat, cut in strips
vegetable oil for frying

Combine first 4 ingredients; slowly add water, mixing well. Set aside.
Combine cornmeal, onions and pepper in a small bowl or pie plate. Mix well and set aside. Dip alligator meat in flour mixture, let excess drain off then coat with cornmeal mixture and deep-fry in hot oil 375 degrees F for 3 to 4 minutes. Drain on absorbent paper.

Per serving: calories 606, calories from fat 351, total fat 39g, saturated fat 6g, cholesterol 73mg, total carbohydrate 30g, protein 35g.

Fresh From Florida Cook Book - Alligator Recipes
Crochead.jpg

Last edited:
I feel we need to celebrate Bang and who he is! I want to have a dinner in the mans honor. PA Baker, I ask you make nice warm rolls, plus a knock out dessert. Everyone else, please make your menu. EVERYONE on this board is invited. Bang.... I need you to tell us a date and relative time for us all to meet! Bang we love ya, and YOU WILL WIN! Its a battle, and the man called 'Bang' will overcome this demon. Again, we LOVE YOU BANG!!!! :) :mrgreen:

-DEADLY SUSHI- said:
I feel we need to celebrate Bang and who he is! I want to have a dinner in the mans honor. PA Baker, I ask you make nice warm rolls, plus a knock out dessert. Everyone else, please make your menu. EVERYONE on this board is invited. Bang.... I need you to tell us a date and relative time for us all to meet! Bang we love ya, and YOU WILL WIN! Its a battle, and the man called 'Bang' will overcome this demon. Again, we LOVE YOU BANG!!!! :) :mrgreen:

Thankyou Sushi. How about monday night around 10pm.

10 pm.........what's that in California time, dude?

Bang, I'll bring the dark chocolate decadent cake with extra creamy vanilla-rum whipped cream and fresh strawberries for the top.

for bang's dinner i'm making my stuffed tuna steak on a bed of wilted baby spinach and bringing some mt. langi ghiran shiraz. yummm.....
see you guys then!

stopping by to say good night! i am so tired. i only slept for a couple hours yesterday but then i had to go to my class. i cannot wait to curl up amongst all the cozy 'ol down on my bed and take a looong nap.
22.gif

Good morning!! :D I'm just zipping through on my way to set up my yard sale stuff...

hmmm...grabbing hot coffee, breakfast burrito and some cantaloupe...

Thanks! See you all this evening - I'll be plotting my Bang menu!! Have a wonderful Saturday!

Hey! Callie left extra burrito makings for everyone! THanks callie!

I'll be gone most of the day too - busy day...starting with a trip to the gym.....enjoy your saturday all!

Back
Top Bottom