Discuss Cooking's Virtual Bed and Breakfast

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
thier1754 said:
Geriatric nachos...Hmm...Soft tortilla chips topped with Ensure?:sick:

hey-ey-ey! i drink ensure and i have learned to like it!:LOL: you oughta try the stuff that i put through my feeding tube.:-p it's made with chicken, cranberry juice, peas, carrots and tomatoes. mmmmmmm.:sick:

Geriatric nachos!!! :LOL: I'm old - but not THAT old! I think the geriatric ones have been soaked first so they're easier to chew...
11.gif

Good morning! The coffee is brewing - it's French Vanilla. Cinnamon rolls are just coming out of the oven. Now I'm gonna start on those blueberry pancakes!

Sounds great, Callie. I'm starved.

Luvs, I do remember you mentioning tubing Ensure. Actually, the ads for it are quite trendy now. It's no longer just the convalescent home cocktail. But that's how I remember it from my parents' time in the home. :( Still hard to talk about that one...

I had a friend who cooked in a nursing home - on hot dog day those that couldn't eat hot dogs were not left out - they ground up the buns, layered ground up hot dog on top, pureed the pickle relish - then if you wanted ketchup or mustard you just added that - I thought it was pretty neat!

It is now afternoon - anyone need a little pick-me-up shot of espresso? Maybe a little savory biscotti instead of sweet - like a Parmesan/Rosemary biscotti?

Espresso here please. Double shot. No biscotti though, I just made some white chocolate chunk pecan cookies, anyone want one of those?

One iced tea and a couple cookies coming up! *Ping! Alix slides plate and glass down the bar to Maidrite*

kitchenelf said:
I had a friend who cooked in a nursing home - on hot dog day those that couldn't eat hot dogs were not left out - they ground up the buns, layered ground up hot dog on top, pureed the pickle relish - then if you wanted ketchup or mustard you just added that - I thought it was pretty neat!

It is now afternoon - anyone need a little pick-me-up shot of espresso? Maybe a little savory biscotti instead of sweet - like a Parmesan/Rosemary biscotti?

just before they put my peg tube in they tried me on pureed food. all the food on my tray came up looking like little piles of baby food! i didn't mind the carrots but the roast beef was a bit much...:LOL:

Ahhhhhhh..... the Cafe. :) I just got back from a 2 day camping thing. Ok...... So is Monday good for everyone for Bangs party? 10 pm eastern time Bang?

Maidrite, a 101 is two hamburgers with beets, onion and horseradish on it. WIth a side of nachos with swiss cheese and onions. Sorry I didnt get it for ya. :neutral:

Luvs, sorry about your July 4th surprise. I forgot. :neutral: I was going to give ya $500 so you could buy things for your room and I was going to have a golf cart painted any color you wanted so it would be your own. rats! Oh well..... I guess I can give it to ya now! :mrgreen: Heres the $500 and tell me what color you want the golf cart painted.

Talking about golf carts..... I think I will take one and drive through the Pine Tree Maze! :rolleyes:

Everyone still wearing your hard hats??!!! :ermm: Wheres Jkath?

-DEADLY SUSHI- said:
Luvs, sorry about your July 4th surprise. I forgot. :neutral: I was going to give ya $500 so you could buy things for your room and I was going to have a golf cart painted any color you wanted so it would be your own. rats! Oh well..... I guess I can give it to ya now! :mrgreen: Heres the $500 and tell me what color you want the golf cart painted.

thanks!:) i think i'll buy a few things; i need a nightstand and a futon. katie needs some new outfits, too.
and could the golf cart be PINK?????!!!!!!!!!!!!!:w00t: powder pink?

Last edited by a moderator:
Remember to PM Barbara she is here now Luvs about the number! Take care Guys I will see you when we get back !:cool:

see you guys tomorrow!
i have to be up early but i have time for at least a good 2 or 3 hours' sleep tonite. maybe more.
i ordered a new pink coat that should be coming soon and i will probably have to sign for it so i need to be up early. can't wait! another pink item!
plus i have an appointment. as usual. a week doesn't go by that i don't have at least 2 appointments and it annoys me to no end.
i'll talk to you guys later....:)

What a weekend, I'm exhausted!! I made blackberry freezer jam Friday night & it turned out perfect!! Saturday, I smoked 2 turkey breasts, cleaned house, & helped hubby shape up the hedges in the front yard while we were outside, we stopped to talk to one of our neighbors & Savannah stepped in a hill of fire ants & they covered her feet & legs. Luckly our neighbor had his hose pipe on & we were able to wash them off her before she got bitten more than a couple of times. Sunday we went to church then went out to eat with my parents, brother, SIL, neices & nephews. After lunch they all came to our house for a little while. When they all left, we all took a nap & then hubby & I finished up the hedges. I thought weekends were supposed to be relaxing!! That nap Sunday was the only time I slowed down & I really needed it. We stayed up late & watched National Treasure with Nicholas Cage, TC really enjoyed it.

OK, enough babbling from me! Here's some of my blackberry jam & a fresh loaf of English muffin bread. Hope y'all enjoy it!!

Hi crewsk! The jam and bread are wonderful! Thanks! We had a weekend similar to yours. We're still painting (decided to do a couple other rooms while we were doing the nursery) and each is taking at least two coats of paint. Next comes tearing up some carpet. We figured we'd be adventurous and try it on our own. Plus, since stuff is moved out of the rooms to paint already, it should be easier (famous last words!).

I'm about to make a huge fruit salad since we're going through another hot and humid week here. Anyone want some?

Back
Top Bottom