Discuss Cooking's Virtual Bed and Breakfast

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Glad you like it! Sounds like y'all have your hands full!:ohmy: Good luck on getting it all done. I'd come help if I we're closer!

Well, I have to run. After moving in we discovered the garbage disposal dosen't work & someone is supposed to come fix it today. I can't wait to start using it!!

I've been rather productive today with hubby at work!:LOL: I've washed 2 loads of clothes, folded & put one load up, unloaded & loaded the dishwasher, made a blackbery cobbler, & got the rest of the berries put in the freezer. Now, I'm off to find a recipe for enough baked beans to feed 20 people! My MIL is throwing my FIL a surprise b-day/retirement party Saturday & she asked me to bring the beans.

I've been having the same kind of day, crewsk. Aren't Mondays nice?!? :ROFLMAO:

Here's my favorite bean recipe for a crowd:

Calico Beans
1 lb ground beef
½ lb bacon, cut up
1 (28 oz) can Bush Beans
1 can kidney beans
1 can butter beans
1 medium onion, diced
½ c brown sugar
1 c ketchup
1 Tbsp vinegar
1 tsp dry mustard

Brown and drain beef and bacon. Mix all the beans together, draining most of the liquid. Add rest of the ingredients, stirring all ingredients together. Pour into a 9”x13” casserole and bake at 350F for 1 hr. Ingredients may also be combined and simmered in a slow cooker all day (this is the way I always do them).

Hi! I'm just breezing through, dropping off a bowl of cantaloupe and watermelon for an afternoon snack. Work is getting in the way of my forum time today:angry: Hope to see you all later tonight.

yummy sounding bean recipe, PA! what is the theme/color for the baby's nursery?
first time i've been online all day, whew! busy day.
gotta go to the store in awhile here and return some calls that i missed. i always forget to take my phone with me when i go somewhere. have to read some posts first, though.

Who made the enchaladas? Yummy! *getting plate* Hmmmmm Bang isnt here. Well, I better start cleaning some of the dishes.
39.gif
Hey! who put a bow in my hair? :ermm:

dunno know whre the enchiladas came from, but they're good!
i put the bow in your hair, sush.
sorry.......... but you just looked so sweet when you were sleeping in the recliner and i thought a little pink bow would make you look even cuter.

*peeking head into door*

sorry i haven't been around much guys. lots going on around here still.
just wanted to say goodnight to you guys

*closing door*

PA Baker said:
I've been having the same kind of day, crewsk. Aren't Mondays nice?!? :ROFLMAO:

Here's my favorite bean recipe for a crowd:

Calico Beans
1 lb ground beef
½ lb bacon, cut up
1 (28 oz) can Bush Beans
1 can kidney beans
1 can butter beans
1 medium onion, diced
½ c brown sugar
1 c ketchup
1 Tbsp vinegar
1 tsp dry mustard

Brown and drain beef and bacon. Mix all the beans together, draining most of the liquid. Add rest of the ingredients, stirring all ingredients together. Pour into a 9”x13” casserole and bake at 350F for 1 hr. Ingredients may also be combined and simmered in a slow cooker all day (this is the way I always do them).

TY TY TY!!!!!!! If you were standing next to me I'd hug you!! My MIL dosen't think to ask what else we having going on before she asks me to do something. But of course I said yes.:rolleyes: The kids have a swimming party with the church Saturday & since they haven't gotten to do much with the kids from church this summer we're taking them to that for a couple of hours first. Looks like another weekend on the go!

Glad you like the looks of it! I'm not a big baked bean fan at all and I love the recipe. My in-laws are the same way. We've been asking them since February to come visit (they only live a couple hours away and have passed by our house to go visit other people!) and they haven't. We got a call yesterday that they want to come down this weekend because this is the last time they'll have free all summer and they want to see us. Mind you, our entire upstairs is ripped up what with painting, replacing carpet, and whatnot, and we were planning on finishing a lot of the project this weekend. Guess that's on hold! :rolleyes:

Sorry people......I got in a big fidht with the wife and forgot to come here last night. It was a nasty one. Ughhhhhh:mad:

thier1754 said:
Sorry, Bang. That's not good. Everything okay now? How is her pain level? Pain doesn't help relationships.

She is absolutely miserable and spreading it around to everyone. She is on high doses of Vycodin and drinks along with it. I feel like I am in a mental hospital. Ughhhhhh! We are avoiding each other today...I am hesitating to ask her if she wants sloppy joes. I just made some. Wish me luck.....I am goin to ask her now. Run for cover!

*Thier ducks behind the couch as Bang plops a sloppy Joe in front of dw and hightails it out of there!*

Hope you won't be wiping burger and sauce off the walls tonight, Bang! We'll be thinking of you. Stay patient and get space when you can. Vent here at the cafe...Don't vent on the (impatient) patient. :angel:

*sneaking upstairs making sure everything is clear*

okay everything's clear. i'll be in the kitchen scrubbing
everything down.

i'll help you clean, middie.
busy day! i spent my afternoon/early evening in pittsburgh. didn't get stuck in rush hour traffic for once, though!
didn't do much else today.

Back
Top Bottom