Discuss Cooking's Virtual Bed and Breakfast

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Isn't it great, middie? It's like having all new recipes to try since everything comes out so differently in a new oven. I've been itching to bake too. I'm trying to restrain myself some since hubby's trying to loose weight but since my in-laws are coming Saturday I think I'll make some chocolate chip zucchini muffins tomorrow AM.

What all are you baking crewsk?

That's just how I felt with my new oven too - and it amazed me that things came out just like they were supposed to......go figure!

I'm baking a zuchinni bread on Saturday, but I'm also making the blueberry/feta yummy thingy that Middie posted earlier. Tomorrow I think I'm taking the boys to Disneyland again. It's usually at least 10 degrees cooler there than home, so I'm trying to beat the heat!

ummm okay bang brb.
*running to kitchen*

*walking back in*

here ya go... biscuits with anchovies and milk gravy.
anything else i can get for you ?

okay i guess not. if you need anything please just help yourself... and clean up after yourself !! i'm going to go to bed now. coffee's set for tomorrow, so whoever comes in just turn it on. see ya guys tomorrow !

Morning all! The coffee's on (thanks for setting it up last night, middie!) and I'm just about to mix up my zucchini chocolate chip muffins.

me too? I'll help!

Okay, time to vent....
I'm so sad! Last night we went to TGI Friday's and the food was horrible! Looks like they revamped everything in a bad way. The steaks were bad, the potatoes were INSTANT! and Vic's "cheddar mashed potatoes" were nothing more than 2 round scoops (yes, scoops) of instant with about a tablespoon of shredded cheese on top. The veggies were few and far between and over boiled, the bleu cheese dressing tasted like milk with 2 crumbles in the whole salad....and the jack daniel's dipping sauce was nothing like before! It was a mix of worcestershire, soy sauce and a bit of brown sugar, maybe. It used to be a thick super-tasty sauce. Even the iced tea was really bitter, like they'd brewed it the day before and left the tea bag in too long) Boy am I fuming still! $90 for nothing!
(I'm done now)

Okay <<getting out chocolate chips> where do I begin, PA?

I'm thinking of making my zucchini bread today instead of tomorrow, as I'm not taking the kids to Disney after all. That'll have to wait till next week.

Thanks for your help, middie and jkath! I've been buzzing around the house trying to clean and straighten up for the in-laws visit tomorrow. We've been inviting them down for the last six months and they never came (drove by to get to other places but didn't stop). They called earlier this week and said they really wanted to see us, it's been too long, blah-blah-blah, could they come for the day Saturday? If that didn't work they had no idea when they could come down next, probably not 'till the baby's born in Novmeber. Hubby was irritated as all heck but felt badly saying no. So even though our house is ripped up due to the painting and recarpeting we're doing, we're hosting company for the day.

There! I had to vent too. :rolleyes: Thanks! Jkath, I"m sorry your meal was so awful last night. It's always more upsetting when you think about what you spent on it too, isn't it? Wish I could come out and go to Disney Land with you guys next week--that sounds like fun!

oooooooooooooooh....your in-laws sound like oodles of fun! No wonder you don't live in the same town!:rolleyes:

I say, eat all the choc chip muffins before they get there. Better yet, let Middie and I help you do that....for the sake of being fair and all...heh heh

I'll go on some rides for you, PA :)

here ya go - (I put a little whipped cream on top, as the baby said she wanted some)
Thanks for the muffins!!

Well, I'm off to do the laundry - lucky lucky me!

Back
Top Bottom