Discuss Cooking's Virtual Bed and Breakfast

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
luvs_food said:
hi! what'd you guys do today?
i went shopping and got this bracelet and a potato ricer and a book and wine glasses/highball glasses and some salt and pepper shakers and a multi-pastel-striped ski cap, too. it's so cute.
i have the hat on right now. i'm freezing and it keeps me warmer.
other than that it was a kind of boring day.

Luvs, I had a busy day at work. Started the work day at 7:00 am. First I worked on a fire variance request from a contractor. Than I drove to Truckee, CA to have a CB and celluar phone installed in vehicle. After that I went out to the Pearl Timber Sale and inspected their safety signs and road maintenance. Then I went to lunch with my coworkers. Went back to the ranger station and finished typing the fire variance document. Drove back to Truckee to pick up the vehicle. Went back out to the Pearl TS to find a place to park the fuel truck. Got in an argument, I mean discussion, with the contractor. Set up a meeting with another contractor for 7:30 am tomorrow. Did some more paperwork and went home at 6:00 pm.

It was a good day. I love days that I am busy like this. I would rather be busy than have a slow and dull day.

SC :)

SierraCook said:
Luvs, I had a busy day at work. Started the work day at 7:00 am. First I worked on a fire variance request from a contractor. Than I drove to Truckee, CA to have a CB and celluar phone installed in vehicle. After that I went out to the Pearl Timber Sale and inspected their safety signs and road maintenance. Then I went to lunch with my coworkers. Went back to the ranger station and finished typing the fire variance document. Drove back to Truckee to pick up the vehicle. Went back out to the Pearl TS to find a place to park the fuel truck. Got in an argument, I mean discussion, with the contractor. Set up a meeting with another contractor for 7:30 am tomorrow. Did some more paperwork and went home at 6:00 pm.

It was a good day. I love days that I am busy like this. I would rather be busy than have a slow and dull day.

SC :)

sounds like a good day! i can't wait to get my 1st job so i can keep busy.

Promised myself I'd practice two hours tonight...Taking the one hour break. It's still hot here and I'm all puffy and...well...sweaty!

Does anyone feel brave enough to try some Fugu I have prepared under the instruction of my Sushi Master Chef?

Fugu - Blow Fish

From Setsuko Yoshizuka,
Your Guide to Japanese Cuisine.
FREE Newsletter. Sign Up Now!
The World's Most Deadly Feast?

Fugu (blow fish) is a fish which contains deadly poison in the organs. Despite the risk, fugu dishes remain as special feasts in Japan. Even the milt is considered as a great delicacy. Fugu is referred to as blow/globe/puffer fish since it blows its body up. The kanji (Chinese characters) used to write fugu indicates "river pig." In western Japan, fugu is called "fuku," which means "to blow" or "happiness." It's reported that about 40 kinds of blow fish are caught and cultured in Japan and that 10000 tons of blow fish are consumed each year. Shimonoseki-city in Yamaguchi, is known as fugu city and supplies a large amount of fugu.

There is an old expression such that "I want to eat fugu, but I don't want to die" in Japan. Since fugu's poison can lead to instantaneous deaths of diners, only licensed cooks are allowed to prepare fugu. You must have special skills and knowledge about fugu to be licensed. Poisonous parts of fugu differ, depending on the kind of fugu. Because of the strict regulations, the number of deaths is decreasing. Fugu dishes are usually expensive. One meal can cost $100 to $200 per person at a famous restaurant. But there are inexpensive fugu dishes (from $15 to $20) available at some restaurants. It's said that the most poisonous fugu, "Tora-fugu," is the most delicious. Tora-fugu is expensive and can cost over one hundred dollars at a fish market. Nowadays, prepared-fugu are sold at grocery stores and online stores, and fugu are eaten at Japanese homes. Fugu dishes are becoming more common than they used to be. Winter is the best season to eat fugu.

hi, guys. i have company so i was just checking in and then i have to go spend some time with them.

5.gif
uh, thanks bang but i'll pass.....

Bangbang said:
I knew you would be up to it. Coming up in 5 minutes. Would you like some Sake with that?

Sorry...I got stuck with a million customer e-mails. No sake, thanks. I don't drink. How about just some green tea with citron?

Back
Top Bottom