"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 05-07-2005, 12:33 PM   #3861
Master Chef

Send a message via MSN to crewsk
Awww...Sushi is a grumpy bear this morning.

Old 05-07-2005, 12:34 PM   #3862
Hospitality Queen

Man, did I miss the party of the month or what?!
Thier, you get the brownie points for the one that made me spit out my coffee:

Hey, Sushi...Roy Rogers jammies!!! Good call!!! (But don't you think the fringed holsters and silver pistols are a bit much???)

Alix, good luck with the birthday party! I gave up on those a couple of years ago - now whichever son is having a birthday gets to take a friend or 2 to Disneyland instead.

Crewsk - good luck on selling the car! Didn't you say you were selling it to buy something special? Good luck with the stranger's kids! EEK!

Middie - I wish I was there for you last night - looks like you needed a hand to keep sush from drowning in the jacuzzi - good thing I'd made all that guacamole before I left!

Sushi - first things first: what the heck were you talking about last night? I'm thinking either you were drunk as a skunk, or you've suddenly developed ADHD. Either way, your jammies were cute.
Oh, and as for the avos on the ground, I'm letting some of them fall - they'll help fertilize and feed the root systems in the trees. Also, I brought my dog today - she'll help with cleaning them up - she's an avo dog!

Everyone say hi to Katie the wonderdog.

Old 05-07-2005, 12:38 PM   #3863
Master Chef

Thanks jkath! Looks like that something special may have to wait. We've run into a few things that are more important right now.

Hi Katie! There's a nice big ham bone in the fridge if your mommy says it's OK for you to have.
Old 05-07-2005, 12:42 PM   #3864
Hospitality Queen

Katie is sitting up looking pretty for the ham bone (she does all sorts of tricks)

I know the feeling about prioritizing! I hate it when that happens!

and I forgot to answer a question sush asked: Remember, I said Monday would be the big unveiling of the outside patio dining area thingy

Please, folks - I've got all my ducks in a row, but I need to have a good name for this area. Any suggestions?

Also, if anyone wants a dessert, I've still got oodles of Grandma's cookies, some strawberry creams, gingerbread with lemon sauce and a big dish of solid chocolate balls.
Old 05-07-2005, 12:48 PM   #3865
Master Chef

She's so cute!!

I hate it too but we really need new windows & we can get most of them & have them installed for what we get for the car. Luckly my dad & a friend of his have a window business.

*running away with dish of chocolate balls*
Old 05-07-2005, 12:50 PM   #3866
Hospitality Queen

windows! good investment!
When we bought this house, they'd recently put in double-panes. We had no idea how fantastic that was till the summertime when our neighbors were complaining about the heat and we hadn't even turned on the a/c yet.
(we all have the same house on our street)
Old 05-07-2005, 12:53 PM   #3867
Hospitality Queen

uh oh, laundry beckons...
be back soon.
Old 05-07-2005, 12:55 PM   #3868
Master Chef

We have the old ones with storm windows & some are either missing screens or they're torn. We're having the vinyl tilt windows put in. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that we'll have enough to be able to put a garden window in above the kitchen sink. But, if not it's not a big deal, I'll just be happy to have new windows that I can open.
Old 05-07-2005, 01:32 PM   #3869
Hospitality Queen

that will be so nice!
I have a neighbor with a garden window - it always looks so nice! speaking of gardens, I need to start going through the planter under my kitchen window - it's time to put in color!
I'm going to plant more tomato plants in pots too. Last year I got some cherry-sized tomato plants at Wal-Mart and they are still producing. They never stopped all year!
I want to find more of those!
Old 05-07-2005, 01:52 PM   #3870
Sous Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to Erik
I'm kinda busy today getting things starightened up around the house and getting ready for Mother's Day dinner, but as promised...I'm dropping off a Buffet for everyone for Derby Day;

Appetizers: Roasted Bacon wrapped Asparagus, with a Chipotle Sour Cream Dip, and a Spring Mix Salad, with all of the trimmings, and dressings.

Main Courses: Pork Tenderloin stuffed with Carmelized Onions, Spinach and Parmesan with a Lemon Leek Cream Sauce, Good Ol' Fried Chicken, and Broiled Rainbow Trout topped with a Cilantro/Honey Butter.

Sides: Loaded Double Baked Potatoes, Roasted Seasoned Baby Carrots, Garlic Smashed Potatoes, Pasta Primavera.

Desserts: Key Lime Coconut Cheesecake, Kentucky Bourbon Spiked Bread Pudding, White Russian Cake

Plenty of Mint Juleps and Cocktails to enjoy!!!

Dig in...have a blast!!!

I'll check in a little bit to say hi...