Discuss Cooking's Virtual Bed and Breakfast

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks Boopy, that was a big help!:-p If I could get my kids to stop using dishes, I'd be in really good shape as far as the kitchen goes.:rolleyes:

I needed a break so there's chicken salad sandwiches for anyone who's hungry. Dig in!

Okay I'm guessing nobody is hungry right now. Okay so the chops are in the warming drawer and the mango relish is in the fridge. So help yourself if you want to. Just make sure you clean up after yourself cause I scrubbed this place from ceiling to floor. And now I'm going to sleep. Goodnight

middie said:
Okay I'm guessing nobody is hungry right now. Okay so the chops are in the warming drawer and the mango relish is in the fridge. So help yourself if you want to. Just make sure you clean up after yourself cause I scrubbed this place from ceiling to floor. And now I'm going to sleep. Goodnight

Ohhhhh.........mango relish.........Sizzlin sneaking in and shoving it to the back of the fridge behind anything and everything so no one else finds it. I'll be back tomorrow to get that. I can't bring it here now or else DH will grab it........he's wise to my hiding spots now.

Never closed Banana. If there's nobody here it's a help yourself kind of place. But it was almost 2 a.m. and I was sleeeeeeepy.

Sorry I turned up so late, Crewsk. Hope you got everything done in time.

And hi to Cara. Having failed so miserably to understand elbow noodles, I'm somewhat reluctant to ask about spaghetti ice. I take it it's a joke, right?

hmm... it's very common here in Germany... Vanilla Icecream pressed through soemthing, so it looks like spaghetti... topped with strwaberry sauce (tomatoe sauce) and shredded coconuts or white choci as parmesan look-a-like :mrgreen:

see here

Cara, that is absolutely beautiful!!
I've never seen anything like it!

Do you have a link for the tool/appliance that is used to press the ice cream?

Just for that photo, I'll make you one of my favorite morning treats:
An orange juice/blueberry/banana smoothie
Sourdough toast with avocado dip on top

thanks, jkath :)

I don't know about this press thing, but I think it should work with a meat grinder or something like that..;o)
in most spaghetti ice there is some frozen cream under the vanilla.. just for you to know ;o)

I just searched for that...

the beaten cream just freezes, when the cold ice comes down on it... make sure, the Ice is not too cold, or it won't go through the grinder (wich is allright to make it, although you can buy "Spaghettieispressen" in G.. )

For me, that would be great as a snack right now. I'm on a short break from camp right now, and that would be perfect to help me fill the time until tonight's Gala and 3.5 hr. dance... I'll be dancing with pretty girls until 1:00 a.m.!!! oh sure, I'm going to be tired, so I'm going to eat, nap and run... see you all later!

Last edited:
That is amazing! I'm going to have to give this a go. I've never seen or heard of such a thing. And if I haven't, it'll confuse visitors thinking they're about to get dessert when a plate of pasta turns up! Kids will love it.

jKath, I've just looked for "spaghetti eis" in the images section of Google. One of the pictures shows spaghetti ice being made using a potato ricer.

Thanks Cara for the info.

Last edited:
I have never heard of that, but I'm sure we can manage...
*lookinthefridge*
ah.. yes... that looks like copper pennies... you like them cold or hot?

Back
Top Bottom