"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 05-25-2005, 10:40 PM   #4621
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Yahoo to middie
thanks jkath !! sush i'm going downstairs to get some milk for my brownie. call me if you need me.

Old 05-25-2005, 11:22 PM   #4622
Head Chef

Send a message via AIM to thier1754
Just finished teaching my little Munchkin. Sushi, here's a popsicle for you to get that yucky taste out of your mouth and give you some fluids. And I brought you these soft, cushy spa socks for walking around as you convalesce.

Old 05-26-2005, 12:22 AM   #4623
Master Chef

how's sush? is the fever down?
the movie was great, but we ended up having a lot more to drink than we intended to... we missed the 8:30 showing so we had to fill the time till 9:15. so we had to have one Lobsterita, 3 shots of Absolut, then off to the mall restaurant where i had a draft and another shot of Absolut and my love had cap'n n coke.. my Mom let me get a 6-pack earlier, so after that and these two other beers i have, i'm off to bed.
the margarita i had when my Mom and i were out to dinner was so much better than the Lobsterita. it was too watery, sigh. $7.50 for a crappy drink.
we went book shopping, too. i had to RE-buy 3 books, all of which i highly recommend and all of which i've spilled tube feed on or lost somewhere in my room... 'the devil wears prada', 'confessions of a sociopathic social climber', and 'the secret life of bees', plus a new very awesome book, 'the Holocaust chronicle'. history absolutely FASCINATES me; i love it just as much as i love cooking, especially WWII and the Depression era.
Old 05-26-2005, 09:52 AM   #4624
Hospitality Queen

Luvs, you're the second person to recommend "The Secret Life of Bees" lately. I may need to get out to the library soon.

Sushi, I hope you're feeling much much better. I hope your meeting went well this a.m.

Thier, has your violin arrived? I'm hoping that when it does, you'll post a photo of you playing it for us.

The coffee is brewing, kids...pull up a cup!
<<taking bacon maple scones out of the oven>>
<<plating the eggs (making my sister's "Cream Cheese Scrambled Eggs" recipe)>>
who's hungry?

Well, I'll put these on the counter, as it's time to wake up the boys for school.
I'll stop by later on this morning.
Old 05-26-2005, 11:13 AM   #4625
Master Chef

Send a message via MSN to crewsk
Jkath, you can add me to the list of people recomending "The Secret Life of Bees". It's one of those books that you start reading & then never want it to end. There is another book by the same author, Sue Monk Kidd, called "The Mermaid Chir" that's on my list of "to read" books.

*pouring cup of coffee, writing out plans for my day"

Hope you're feeling better Sushi!
Old 05-26-2005, 11:42 AM   #4626
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Yahoo to middie
cream cheese scrambled eggs??? have to try those it sounds good. just got home from a 2 mile walk so i'm starving.
Old 05-26-2005, 01:02 PM   #4627
Contest Winner

Wink

DS you had better be better tonight all the guys are coming over to play cards remember you invited us over. Bang Bang becomes a unhappy camper when we don't play cards. Oh I need to run have some hair to trim I need a number 3 to go and my Giant Geico Cup filled please. Here are the 20 dozen assorted cream puffs you asked for freshly made of course.
Old 05-26-2005, 01:14 PM   #4628
Hospitality Queen

Okay, Maidrite, a #3 to go...are you sure about that?
Yes?
Okay, one shirley temple on the rocks, a cucumber tea sandwich, a lacey heart cookie and a cream puff, in a pink box with a bow.
(I hope this is for Barb!)

"Here's your Giant Geico Cup, sir"
Old 05-26-2005, 02:16 PM   #4629
Master Chef

Send a message via MSN to crewsk
He's not doing the robot jkath!
Old 05-26-2005, 03:04 PM   #4630
Head Chef

Send a message via AIM to thier1754
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkath
Thier, has your violin arrived? I'm hoping that when it does, you'll post a photo of you playing it for us.
I'll do that...It's in Hermiston, OR this afternoon and should make the final leg tomorrow.