"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 05-28-2005, 01:07 AM   #4701
Hospitality Queen

...hi guys - boy, am I tired!

Crewsk, I'm so sorry to hear about TC! Why is it that kids always seem to get hurt on the week summer begins? Poor guy!

I've got nothing on Ty's floor right now except him in his sleeping bag, with Katie dog right next to him. All contents of his bedroom are littering the living room right now. My husband is trying to watch TV through the rungs of the bed frame that is currently sitting sideways. It's actuall kinda funny.
Tomorrow I'll pull out all the closet stuff, and then I get to try to take off 2 ceiling-high bookcases that are bolted to the walls....(or maybe I'll cut the carpeting around them and leave 'em there).... Then out comes the old carpet and padding, and then it's on my hands and knees for about 4 hours scrubbing all the sticky residue off (think gum) the floor. Anyone want to help?

Old 05-28-2005, 01:34 AM   #4702
Head Chef

Send a message via AIM to thier1754
Gosh, kath, I'd love to help but I...uh...I have to shampoo my hair and brush the cat and clip my hangnails and bleach my teeth and practice and..........

Old 05-28-2005, 01:40 AM   #4703
Hospitality Queen

gee, thier, you are obviously a busy girl...
how 'bout the rest of you?

(or could someone at least bring me a warm toasty sourdough parmesan soft pretzel and a thermos of coffee tomorrow morning?)
Old 05-28-2005, 02:42 AM   #4704
Master Chef

um, well, jkath, you know i'd LOVE to, but it just so happens that my doctor JUST called and said that i shouldn't scrub any floors, as it's hazardous to my health.
sigh. too bad. i was REALLY looking forward to helping you scape the goo off the floor, too. what a shame...
i'm gonna make a cheeseburger and have a cold beer. are you hungry? i'll make you one, too, if you want.
man, am i bored. i turned down an invite to the bar cause one of the gals who was going had a cold and i didn't want to catch it. so here i am, all alone.
Old 05-28-2005, 09:48 AM   #4705
Hospitality Queen

Good morning!
*Good for you luvs, to not go out "a-drinkin".

I've put the coffee pot on, and it's still brewing. This morning we're having vanilla nut. I'm not going to start the carpet-pulling till around 8, and it's not even 7 yet, so let's get some breakfast made...

let's see....How about Blintzes?

<<Making my favorite Blueberry/Cointreau warm sauce>>

Anyone want to fry up some thick slice bacon?
Old 05-28-2005, 11:02 AM   #4706
Everymom

*Putting on apron* I don't have too long here as we have to go do dance photos today but I will take the bacon and omelette stations. What would you like? *szzzzzzzzzzzz!!!*
Old 05-28-2005, 11:15 AM   #4707
Master Chef

morning, ladies. how're you guys doing?
lol, jkath, don't congratulate me TOO much for not going out barhopping. i still downed 11 beers so far and my Mom is taking me to get another 12-pack. (my car is broken and i wouldn't drink and drive, regardless.) i only have 3 beers to my name now, and i need some more.
i'm hungry! can i have a few blintzes, jkath?
~frying thick-sliced bacon~
sizzle, sizzle. OUCH! i got splashed! @#$%&* bacon!
i'm making some saged sausage patties, too.
i ordered some vermont maple syrup the other day, 6 1-gallon tins of it. it should be out on the loading dock by now.
Old 05-28-2005, 11:39 AM   #4708
Hospitality Queen

I love Maple and Blueberry together!

I'll take an omelette, Alix, but can I have cottage fries, tomato and bacon inside, with a little horseradish cheddar?

Thanks!

uh oh...Ty's up...looks like it's time to pull out the carpet....
Old 05-28-2005, 12:20 PM   #4709
Master Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to -DEADLY SUSHI-
Luvs...... why is your mother assisting you in your death by alcohol? I dont get it.

You KNOW we love you! Why are you drinking so much?

Im praying that you stop or at least cut back. You are destroying your body. I LUV you whether you are drinking or not. But please put our minds at ease......
Old 05-28-2005, 12:49 PM   #4710
Master Chef

sush, my Mother isn't assisting me in my death. she's driving me to the beer store so i don't get behind the wheel of my car that only has one functional headlight.
she takes the keys off of me when i've been drinking. we have an agreement on that.
as i've proven to her time and time again, if she doesn't take me, i'll just have someone else get it for me, and she knows that. she and my Dad hate when i go out barhopping and to parties, so they just prefer to take me to get alcohol that i can drink at home with a few select people.
i'm being 24, sush.
what we do around here is go to bars and clubs and keggers, ALL of us 20-somethings and even some of my 30-something friends. we drink, then drink some more, and then drink some more. it's just what you do in my town. we're all lushes. and believe me, lol, i have a mild case of lush-ism as opposed to some of those guys!
sush, i've just been a lush since 16 years old. i was on a beer-drinking team. i'm famous for doing the first 8-minute kegstand in town. i am noted for my tolerance to alcohol. that's just who i am. i've been at this for a long time, and it isn't gonna change anytime soon.
believe me, i have improved. i used to triple-book myself for weekend parties in high school.
i'll stop drinking so much when i get older.