"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 05-31-2005, 01:33 AM   #4931
Hospitality Queen

Okie dokie, then....I'll wrap up the rest and store it in the fridge for tomorrow.

<<locking door, putting out "closed for a bit" sign>>
<<flipping off lights, turning off music>>

g'nite!

Old 05-31-2005, 01:54 AM   #4932
Master Chef

wait! WAIIIITTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!
i want a piece of cheesecake, jkath! i'm done with my bubble bath now!
~digging through fridge.~
ah, there it is.
yum! that is GOOD!

Old 05-31-2005, 06:10 AM   #4933
Master Chef

i'm sooooo hungry! i'm on NPO (no food or fluids by mouth). i'm not even allowed to run my feeds when i'm on that. they ALWAYS put me on that, especially when i'm in the hospital. if you even MENTION stomach pain, and no procedures are even scheduled, NPO it is! i usually just have my visitors smuggle me in some ginger ale. unless i'm having an endoscopy, seeing as to how if you eat or drink anything so many hours before one of those, you can aspirate and choke while they're performing it. they're talking about putting me on a long-term narcotic for my stomach issues so my hospital visits may cease, at least, woooooo-hoooooooooo! i HATE it there... but then i have to stop drinking, period, if i'm taking a narcotic.
i'm not sure if they're gonna put me under anesthesia or not. they did the last two times.
i dread this. i have the worst butterflies in my stomach.
okay, i'm done whining now.
Old 05-31-2005, 08:27 AM   #4934
Master Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to -DEADLY SUSHI-
Attention Cafe Staff!!!!!

Due to complaints that I have gotten concerning excesive postings of drug and alcohol abuse I have to put my foot down!

Drug usage can NO LONGER be discussed. PERIOD!
Also, posts that contain hints of using alcohol in excess, or just abusing alcohol can no longer be discussed! PERIOD.

Sorry, but there were just to many complaints, and I need to keep the Cafe open.

Thank you.
Old 05-31-2005, 08:35 AM   #4935
Master Chef

yeah, yeah, i guess that was aimed at me. i'll just drink my beer quietly from now on.
boy, talk about getting someone down on a bad enough day! i just try to be honest! but i guess evasiveness and lying are the key to life.
Old 05-31-2005, 11:13 AM   #4936
Master Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to -DEADLY SUSHI-
I've done it myself Luvs. You know that. Its not directed at just you ya know. And I DONT want you to lie either ya goof ball. If youre drinking you dont have to tell us how much or how often silly. Heck... you could say youre going to have a few margaritas.

But something like "Im going to get wasted" or "ive been drinking all day" dosent sound to good. Personally I could give a crap but, some people do. And then there are the youngin's that might think its cool to drink 24/7 or/and to get wasted.

Remember its fine to say youre going to our bar and then act funny/goofy. BUT not fine to say something like "Im going to get wasted" or "ive been drinking all day".

Its no big deal.
Old 05-31-2005, 11:16 AM   #4937
Everymom

OOOOK! Time for a topic change.

Who's here this morning and hungry? I am ready and willing to whip up your favourites.
Old 05-31-2005, 11:32 AM   #4938
Master Chef

alright, alix. topic change. i'm sorry if i was too open about my drinking. it won't happen again. too bad. i was just being straight with you guys.
on another note, my PEG tube appointment is at 3pm. i'm counting the minutes. PLEASE-PLEASE-PLEASE don't let them put me under! i HATE anesthesia.
Old 05-31-2005, 01:33 PM   #4939
Head Chef

Send a message via AIM to thier1754
You're in my prayers, Luvs, and I will send them up all morning.
Old 05-31-2005, 02:02 PM   #4940
Master Chef

Send a message via MSN to crewsk
Update on TC!! The last time I saw him, he was doing pretty good. He left for camp Monday afternoon & will be back Thursday. His hand is black, blue & purple but the swelling has gone done a good bit. He is still in pain but not all tha time. He goes to the doctor Friday morning to have it checked & they will decide then whether or not it needs a cast.