"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 06-01-2005, 01:45 PM   #5031
Head Chef

Send a message via AIM to thier1754
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alix
Hey thier, I think I would die on that diet. I know you will do it though. You are one motivated lady!

By jkath! Have fun.

I'm heading up to shower. I will be back later. Ciao!
I won't die; I'll just feel like it!...I'll come here and chat with you guys and get all motivated. I have a real problem with sugar and there are many reasons why I need to clean out my system besides losing weight. Have a great day!

Old 06-01-2005, 01:58 PM   #5032
Master Chef

i ordered a pink kitchenaid mixer and she came today! i'm thrilled! i'm hooked on williams-sonoma; i ordered towels from them last nigt, a monogrammed apron the night before, another apron last week...
i'm outta control.
~singing Phish and dancing. 'run like an antelope, outta control!~
i hope the diet works out well, thier! are there any cinnamon rolls left? later, crew!

Old 06-01-2005, 02:13 PM   #5033
Head Chef

Virtual cinnamon rolls...I'm there!!! I'll have six, please!
Old 06-01-2005, 03:49 PM   #5034
Hospitality Queen

Thier, I'm so proud of you! You go girl!!!

You know what is a fun alternative to water? Try the sparkling water with lemon. No sugar in it at all. It's quite tasty! Also, when you get that "sweet' craving, a plum is one of my favorite goodies. Sometimes I need need need chocolate. Don't forget to drink your milk.
Old 06-01-2005, 04:02 PM   #5035
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkath
Thier, I'm so proud of you! You go girl!!!

You know what is a fun alternative to water? Try the sparkling water with lemon. No sugar in it at all. It's quite tasty! Also, when you get that "sweet' craving, a plum is one of my favorite goodies. Sometimes I need need need chocolate. Don't forget to drink your milk.
I'll look for that sparkling water...Good idea! I can't drink milk, as I'm allergic to it. I can get away with it hot in a mocha, but it still sometimes makes me sick. I do take calcium, but I wasn't good about it early on, so I have osteoporosis. It isn't visible to others in my body yet -- you can't tell -- but my bone density scan was pretty pitiful, and that was in '99. I'm trying to exercise and get the calcium in now, but it's kinda like closing the barn door after the horse is out! And I don't think I could tolerate that Fosomax stuff. Too hard on the innards. Sigh. Prayers would be appreciated; my mom died of complications from osteoporosis, and it scares the sh*t out of me...

Wondering how Sush is doing.......
Old 06-01-2005, 04:30 PM   #5036
Master Chef

that's too bad, thier.
my bone density is bad too, they found that out when i broke my foot. i don't know why, with the amount of milk i drink.
i made some baby spinach salad with walnuts and gorgonzola.
there's some limeade, too.
Old 06-01-2005, 05:19 PM   #5037
Hospitality Queen

Oh - I'll take the spinach, but can you omit the walnuts (can't have 'em) and switch 'em for pecans? Thanks!

Thier, keep up with those calcium tablets!

(The sparkling water is also soooooooo fantastic when you really dress it up with crushed ice and frozen raspberries!)
Old 06-01-2005, 06:42 PM   #5038
Head Chef

Okay. I'm a wuss. I've only been off sugar/refined carbs for 3/4 of a day, and I have a terrible headache, feel lousy, am tired and cranky. I need a pep talk. Anybody??
Old 06-01-2005, 07:12 PM   #5039
Senior Cook

Send a message via Yahoo to Heat
Umm Their, if your cranky everyone might be afraid to talk to you!!! J/K. Very good Their, im doing the same thing. Im on a starvation diet! Hahahah. No, im just eating when i feel hungry and watching the refine sugars and fat, calories, and carbs. Hey that is starving HUH? I've been doing good, i've lost some weight and the first few days was very hard! So, keep on a trucking girl! Your doing Great!
Heat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2005, 07:16 PM   #5040
Master Chef

you can do it, thier!

woooo-hooooo! go thier! the first day is probably the worst, and the hunger headache will pass. and you'll look fabulous for the wedding!
i like Pelligrino and Pierrer sparkling water. especially lime Pierrer. it's really good.
here's your salad, jakth.