"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 06-14-2005, 01:48 AM   #5681
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Yahoo to middie
i'm on my way to bed myself. it's 1:50 a.m. here. good night everyone

Old 06-14-2005, 08:26 AM   #5682
Master Chef

Good morning! Jkath, I just got your brioche out of the oven and it looks great! I also made a blueberry coffee cake and some iced coffee (it's supposed to be 105 here today!) so everyone help yourselves!

Old 06-14-2005, 10:32 AM   #5683
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Yahoo to middie
105 ???????? whoa. it's going to be 90 here but with the heat index i think they said 98 !!! the water in the pool is still freezing so i'm debating wether to go in or not lol.
Old 06-14-2005, 10:51 AM   #5684
Everymom

A pleasant 78 here today. I'll have some iced coffee though. Question for you. When you say iced coffee do you mean coffee over ice or do you mean a coffee slushie type thing?
Old 06-14-2005, 10:55 AM   #5685
Master Chef

Send a message via MSN to crewsk
When I say iced coffee, I mean a slushy type thing, but I'd take either one.

I'm going through withdrawls right now. Hubby packed up all my cookbooks except 2 last night while I was at church with the kids!! I want them back!!!!

This bluberry coffeecake is wonderful PA! Thanks!!
Old 06-14-2005, 10:56 AM   #5686
Master Chef

Middie, I'd give anything to go in a pool right now. The 105 is the heat index, not the true temp, but hot is hot!

Alex, I brew a pot of decaf, stick it in the fridge overnight, and then drink it with some milk or fat-free half and half, splenda and some ice. Altho a coffee slushee thing sounds good right now, too!

Crewsk, the last time we moved, Nathan knew not to touch any of the kitchen stuff or cookbooks when he was packing. Those are my babies and he would have been in BIG trouble! You'll get used to it. You'll probably be so busy you won't have tons of time to cook anyway. You can also use it as an excuse for him to take you out to eat (since he was the one who packed the books!).
Old 06-14-2005, 11:23 AM   #5687
Master Chef

Matt normally dosen't mess with the kitchen stuff but the majority of my cookbooks had found their way to the bedroom next to the bed(I have no clue how they got there ). I'm deffinantly not cooking much this week but I need to find an ice cream recipe for Thursday. I signed up to bring a churn of ice cream for the last night of VBS. I could kick myself for doing that now! I know there was a thread a while back on here for homemade ice cream so I'll just have to search for that.
Old 06-14-2005, 11:28 AM   #5688
Master Chef

Well, laundry is calling & I need to find something for the kids to have for lunch. I'll see y'all later!
Old 06-14-2005, 11:31 AM   #5689
Master Chef

Crewsk, here's the recipe you'd give me awhile back. Let me know if you want others and I can post them:

Butter Pecan Ice Cream

1 1/2C chopped pecans
4Tbsp. butter (DO NOT SUBSTITUTE MARGARINE!!)

Cook over medium heat 10-15 minutes, stirring often to keep pecans from burning.

1 small box instant vanilla pudding
1 can sweetened condensed milk
1 large can evaporated milk
1/2C. sugar
1tsp. vanilla
1/2 gallon whole milk (or less- depending on size of ice cream maker)
4oz. cool whip

Mix together everything except whole milk & cool whip well. Fold in cool whip. Pour into ice cream maker, add whole milk to finish filling. Freeze until firm.

Mix doesn’t have to be cooked or refrigerated before freezing it. If you want to chill it before hand, just be sure to fold in the cool whip right before freezing it. If not, it will loose it's "air" & the ice cream won't be as "fluffy".
Old 06-14-2005, 11:46 AM   #5690
Master Chef

Thanks PA! I think my mom is making that one though. I thought about leaving out the butter & pecans & making it peach or strawberry instead. I think that should work fine, what do you think?