"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 06-29-2005, 03:59 PM   #6311
Master Chef

Send a message via MSN to crewsk
PA & middie, I'll be more than happy to share the recipe when I get it!!

I don't know what the temp is here but it's hot & humid. We've been having storms at night & it rained for a little while yesterday afternoon. There's some pretty nasty looking clouds outside right now. I hope it holds off until we get the rest of the stuff from the other house.

Old 06-29-2005, 04:09 PM   #6312
Master Chef

I'm off to find something to eat. I've already had a piece of poundcake & a sour cream cake doughnut. The munchies have struck!!

Old 06-29-2005, 04:43 PM   #6313
Master Chef

hi!
mmm, i just got some incense and sage candles and plumeria essential oil and it smells Heavenly in here!
i had to go the ER last night! my hands started getting all tingly and then it went up my arms and to my face. then i couldn't move my arms and my hands clenched so tight that my Mom couldn't pry them loose! it was an allergic reaction and they said it was a 'distonic reaction'. scary! i was really dizzy and my blood pressure dropped 30 points.
all better now, though.
i brought some homemade fruit and juice bars to help us cool off. it's hot here, too. they're strawberry-blueberry. help yourselves.
Old 06-30-2005, 12:05 AM   #6314
Master Chef

wow! cafe's empty tonite!
oh well, i'll just clean up a little and get something cooking.
think i'll roast some chickens for sandwiches with lettuce, tomato, mayo and pepper tomorrow and make some black bean soup.
see you guys later!
Old 06-30-2005, 04:29 AM   #6315
Master Chef

okay. guess you guys are all busy.
i'm putting on 'Dark Side of the Moon' and 'the Wizard of Oz' (know how they synchronize?) and mixing up a cosmo and then maybe going to bed. i have an appointment at 11am tomorrow.
Old 06-30-2005, 09:40 AM   #6316
Master Chef

Just thought I'd pop in & say goodmorning! I'm off to the old house to get my roses & a few other plants. My pepper plants are full of blooms & little bity peppers!! I'm glad I kept them in pots. Then it's off to my in-laws for a little while. My FIL was being a big pain in the you know what last night. My MIL called & said she thought he had a stroke but he refused to go to the hospital. Hubby wanted to go up there last night & make him go but my MIL wouldn't let him. Sometimes I wonder if she just wants him to be sick.
Old 06-30-2005, 11:58 AM   #6317
Master Chef

Hope all goes well with your FIL (and MIL). It sounds like you and DH have your hands full with them sometimes!

You're so lucky you had a lot of your plants in pots! It would be awful to have to leave the behind! I just noticed last night that my tomatoes have a bunch of little baby green tomatoes on them. Just in time too, becuase my basil is growing out of control--it's time to start making big pots of sauce!!!
Old 06-30-2005, 05:32 PM   #6318
Senior Cook

Send a message via AIM to CookinBlondie Send a message via MSN to CookinBlondie Send a message via Yahoo to CookinBlondie
How about some caffein free chocolate, some healthy and caffein free soda? That's about it for me!
Old 06-30-2005, 07:36 PM   #6319
Master Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to -DEADLY SUSHI-
*comming out of office*

GUYS!!!!!!!!!!! I have an idea to make up the revenue that we are loosing! Thing is..... it will cost $8.8 million dollars. We can turn this place into a Bed and Breakfast!!!!! It would have 32 rooms for guests. We would have to build the rooms above and around the gym and my room. I have been in talks with the village counsil for the last 3 days. If we "donate" to their favorite charity ( ) we could do it!!!

PLUS we could build a ramp over the street to the Barber Shop AND give them $50,000 for improvements!

BUT..... as you all know we cant do this until everyone approves. So PLEASE chime in! We need seven 'yes' votes.
And we will contract Bang to do the work!
Old 06-30-2005, 08:29 PM   #6320
Master Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to -DEADLY SUSHI-
Wait..... not all at once.