"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 07-12-2005, 03:46 PM   #6651
Master Chef

Send a message via MSN to crewsk
I'm back!! Boy did my mom have fun finding clothes for me at the thrift store today. I went in the dressing room to try on one pair of jeans & she kept bringing me more stuff to try on. If it fit she grabbed it & said that she'd get it for me. I wound up with 2 pair of Gap jeans for $3 each, 3 pairs of capri pants for $2.50 each, 3 shirts for $2.50 each, a brand new set of king sized sheets with matching dust ruffle still in the original package for $5, & a hardback copy of Jeff Smith's Frugal Gourmet for $1. She also found some really great deals for herself & got the kids a couple of toys. Lunch was good too. We went to Hot Diggity Dogs & I had a Frito pie, it's Frito's topped with chili & cheese, & a Twix ice cream thingy. When she got to my house this morning, she had a gray t-shirt like material gown & a set of pinch, smidgen, & dash measuring spoons for me that she got when they went to Sugar Mountian last week.

I'm beat now though! Think I'll go down to my room & flip through my cookbook. If anyone needs anything just hollar!!

Old 07-12-2005, 04:06 PM   #6652
Hospitality Queen

Holy Cow Crewsk!

I need a donut. Time for donutman.

Old 07-12-2005, 04:14 PM   #6653
Master Chef

That's what I was thinking jkath! I had gone in expecting to buy my own stuff & mom wouldn't let me. I love her & really appriciate it but it bothers me too. Well, I'm off to start supper! See y'all later!
Old 07-12-2005, 04:17 PM   #6654
Master Chef

My mom's the same way, crewsk and I know just what you mean. There's no telling them "no" when they don't want to hear it, is there?!? I can't imagine what mine's going to be like with the baby!
Old 07-12-2005, 04:37 PM   #6655
Contest Winner

Wink

I need a # 103 with a fountain of unsweet ice tea.
Old 07-12-2005, 05:12 PM   #6656
Head Chef

Send a message via AIM to thier1754
Just got back from lunch. I'm off to look for something funky to wear to an open mike tonight at a local restaurant and then I'm going to leave my cv with a local performing arts academy. Gradually picking up students; fall should be better, when kids are getting back into learning mode (one hopes!). Crewsk, it sounds like your mother loves you a lot but is pretty assertive when it comes to buying you things! Knowing you, I'm sure you handle it with grace; that would be hard, though, when you have to accept things that may not be to your taste. You get a pat on the back for patience. *Pat pat pat.*
Old 07-12-2005, 05:36 PM   #6657
Master Chef

PA, she's even worse with the kids!! You're right too, there's no telling them 'no'. Last time I did that, she said, "I'm your mother, let me be happy."

Theis, thanks! My mom pretty much knows my taste in clothes & lets me have the final say in whether I like something or not. I'm lucky she's like that.

Well, I'm not cooking supper tonight. Hubby called & wants to have pizza delivered to give us both a break tonight.

Maidrite, here's an extra thick bacon cheeseburger with all the fixin's, fries, & your tea. Hope you enjoy it!
Old 07-12-2005, 06:17 PM   #6658
Head Chef

Send a message via AIM to thier1754
Oh, I see...You just didn't want her to pay for it. But we moms love to spoil our kids! It's a mom thing, right? She wouldn't be doing that if you weren't an outstanding daughter.
Old 07-12-2005, 07:57 PM   #6659
Master Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to -DEADLY SUSHI-
Hey Crewsk! Youre NOT wearing your hardhat! What gives?? And the construction crew didnt do SQUAT!!!! Bang!! Whats GOING ON!!???? There is old dough in the mixer and tables that havent been cleaned up!!!!

This is a CAFE!!! Not a free for all! *stomping into office* (SLAM!!!)
Old 07-12-2005, 08:02 PM   #6660
Hospitality Queen

Sushi, when you get mad, your ears turn kinda purple and you get those wrinkles around your eyes. Now, take these <<handing Sushi some fresh cucumber slices>> and put them on your eyes and have a seat in the massage chair.<<turning on chair>>
Now, let's give you a facial while we're at it.
<<Mashing avocado>> Here's a good skin treatment for those wrinkles, sush.
<<turning on Bob Marley>>
Ah yah, mahn...we're jammin

Anyone else need one?