Discuss Cooking's Virtual Bed and Breakfast

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I use to love smoking and eating :chef: I quit smoking august 1 of last year, now I am trying to lose weight :mad: anyone who as an addition and says how hard it is should have to try not eating . It is way worst :mad: . Why couldn't I be one of those that needs to gain weight so I can eat eat eat :rolleyes: . Now I know what is larger than a bread box and smaller than a elephant !!!! Me :mad:. :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
thier1754 said:
A cup of green tea, please. I'm working on getting the sugar out of my diet, so no sweetening in the tea, please! Then I'm going for a long walk around the harbor. Puff puff...

Here's your green tea their! Sorry it took me so long, I got lost in the cheesecake. :blush:

Maidrite, congrats on quitting smoking! I'm on my 3rd month of being smoke free & it feels wonderful!!

Same to you then Crewsk, Speaking of Green Tea I have a neighbor next door he has a clothing shop, but he is from India and he just gave me some Green tea would you like a cup ? He gave me half of the Box. :chef: I have some Imperial gunpower green tea as well.

Sure Maidrite! I need to get all the sugar out of my system from that cheesecake, peanut butter pie, & your cream puffs. I'm going to be climbing the walls in a few minutes if I don't!:ohmy:

Hey Sushi.....can I get an estimate on building up? The lounge is almost done. Just have to finish the dance floor and clean up. Started our first batch of brew. This will be a low alcohol beer so people can drink a lot of it without gettin sloppy drunk.
Dark English Mild Ale
Light DME
Black Patent Malt just enough tomake the beer a deep black color
Crystal Malt
Fuggles Hops

Enough for 450 gallons.

Crewsk here is your cup of tea and a full pot of tea in case you want some more :)

Bang Bang may I try some of the brew as you get it ready ? Will you have any bock brew ?

Maidrite, if there's any tea left, I'd love a cup. I just can't get warm this afternoon! Your cream puffs were fantastic! I think I'll have another with the tea.:)

Bangbang said:
Hey Sushi.....can I get an estimate on building up? The lounge is almost done. Just have to finish the dance floor and clean up. Started our first batch of brew. This will be a low alcohol beer so people can drink a lot of it without gettin sloppy drunk.
Dark English Mild Ale
Light DME
Black Patent Malt just enough tomake the beer a deep black color
Crystal Malt
Fuggles Hops

Enough for 450 gallons.

Ok, lessee here....

That'd Be:
300lbs light DME
40lbs Black Patetnt Malt
10lbs Crystal 90L (Can't use too much, or the beer will finish too sweet)

Oh, and 77 ounces of Fuggle Hop pellets in a 90 minute boil. And I reccomend wyeast 1968 for the fermentation - it's a wonderful British Ale yeast

Can we PLEASE switch to all grain brewing??? We're gonna need to sell another Airbus if we keep going through that much DME - the stuff is EXPENSIVE!!! :ROFLMAO:

John

PA Baker said:
Maidrite, if there's any tea left, I'd love a cup. I just can't get warm this afternoon! Your cream puffs were fantastic! I think I'll have another with the tea.:)

PAB, step over to the brew kettle! We'll have 450 gallons of beer boiling for 90 minutes. It'll throw off some heat for sure. (Hope you don't mind the smell of hops...)

John

Last edited:
Growing up we lived about 5 miles from a brewery and if the wind blew right all we could smell was hops, so the smell doesn't bother me a bit. And if it'll help me get warm, I'm there!

can I get an estimate on building up?

Well, I was thinking about making a big garden in the back. We would have to destroy Doves woodshed though. :rolleyes:
What does everyone think? Is it worth it? If we go forward with it Bang will you supervise building it?
As far as going upwards.... I have to talk to the zoning folks. What did you have in mind Bang?

PA Baker said:
Growing up we lived about 5 miles from a brewery and if the wind blew right all we could smell was hops, so the smell doesn't bother me a bit. And if it'll help me get warm, I'm there!

I know the feeling, PA! The Miller Brewing Plant is about 5 miles away, and it's located right on the edge of the freeway. If you drive by, you can smell it for a long time!

By the way all, please be proud of me - I just hooked up my new computer. (2nd one I've ever had - first was back in '98)
and it works!

Back to the issues at hand: I'd like a cup of green tea too, and some peanut butter pie, 3 creampuffs....and a lionburger.

Sushi, as manager of the coffee with spirits bar, I'm asking if we can have a co-manager to dispense the teas. I'm lousy at that part.

Maidrite, thank you so much for installing all the protection for our cafe! We do appreciate it (well, all of us except the blue emu...by the way, where is he?)

Back
Top Bottom