"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 11-19-2005, 02:00 AM   #7951
Head Chef

Send a message via AIM to thier1754
Puree them and pour them into ice cube trays. Freeze and drop one cube into a bloody mary with a celery stick and a dash of hot sauce. I think... Um, and blanche first before pureeing?

No no...Wait! Buy a truckload, feed it raw to several thousand of the B&B's dairy cattle, and capture the resulting by-product of their sudden extreme flatulence to produce an alternative energy source. No more foreign oil!!!

Old 11-19-2005, 07:44 PM   #7952
Master Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to -DEADLY SUSHI-
Wow Their! Dont know what to say! I love the 1st suggestion. And the 2nd one has me thinking about a a hazmat suit.

Can SOMEONE bake a cake? Table 31 in the dining room has a BIRTHDAY! Young girl just turned 12 and they drove 20 miles from the country. I would do it but Im HORRIBLE at baking.

Old 11-19-2005, 08:19 PM   #7953
Head Chef

Hmmm...I used to bake cakes from scratch in the days when I was considering a catering career, but it's been a long time. Will this do? *Thier pulls a chocolate fudge bundt cake out of the oven and drizzles a little mocha glaze over it.*
Old 11-19-2005, 08:44 PM   #7954
Master Chef

Thier Im sure she will LOVE it!!!! Now where did I put the candles? *digging in drawer*
Old 11-19-2005, 08:48 PM   #7955
Head Chef

They were in your back pocket...uh oh...I think you sat on them, Sushi. Now you have 24 little candles instead of 12 longer ones. How about just pouring a little brandy over it and flambe - ing it? Not good. Twelve year olds don't do brandy. How about sparklers??!! Here, I have some left over from the 4th last summer. She'll love it!!
Old 11-19-2005, 09:02 PM   #7956
Master Chef

Well, the city counsil outlawed sparklers. They passed bill 2143 outlawing that and Jaw Breakers. I guess someone cracked a tooth. Go and figure. I'll use the candles. Thier, wanna sing Happy Birthday with me? *putting candles in cake and lighting*
Old 11-20-2005, 12:01 AM   #7957
Head Chef

Hope I'm not too late to sing...I need to warm up...*Thier begins to sing scales to prepare for the performance, then remembers that her voice stinks, which is why she is a violinist and not a singer...* Go ahead, Sushi. You sing, I'll play.
Old 11-20-2005, 12:25 AM   #7958
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by -DEADLY SUSHI-
Wow Their! Dont know what to say! I love the 1st suggestion. And the 2nd one has me thinking about a a hazmat suit.

Can SOMEONE bake a cake? Table 31 in the dining room has a BIRTHDAY! Young girl just turned 12 and they drove 20 miles from the country. I would do it but Im HORRIBLE at baking.
Thanks for the cake thier! Delish! Oh, I'm not 12 today......I'm 21.
Old 11-20-2005, 12:30 AM   #7959
Head Chef

Oh! Well, anyhow, enjoy! How've you been?

We're thinking of cruising over your way in Feb. or March! Dh wants to cruise, never having done one. He's not very healthy and will need a rest by then after our crazy Christmas season with the store.
Old 11-21-2005, 07:55 PM   #7960
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Yahoo to middie
okay who's going to help me prepare thanksgiving dinner for all of our guests?
right now i'm working on pies. i hope to do most everything ahead of time, that way it's not so chaotic thursday morning... who's in ?