Discuss Cooking's Virtual Bed and Breakfast

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ooh! nice sign!! I like the neon!
<<tying on rhinestone studded green apron>>
Where is Sushi???

Alix, hope your backside doesn't bruise...
I checked upstairs, but the double P brothers seem to be gone, so is my gym ready? Or are they still waiting on my laura ashley paint?

I'm looking forward to tomorrow's breakfast faire - sounds wonderful, especially peaches with apple smoked bacon.

Has anyone noticed that the CD I put on this morning is still playing? <<changing CD: Sting: dream of the blue turtles>> "there's a moon over bourbon street tonight......"

Making cool rise brioche for tomorrow's brunch crowd. Putting it into the frige to rise. Making a big pot of decaf for whoever may stumble into the cafe this evening. Making vanilla rum cream to dollop into the coffee.

why is there blood on the marble rolling pin that has "Alix" engraved on the side? why is there a "Russian for Dummies" book on the side table? Where is ALL the vodka?

<<ordering vodka from the local rep, also ordering extra vanilla rum>>

midnight shift.
luvs visits bang in hospital. the situation is much better.
38.gif

audeo has cleared bang for release from the critical care unit.
meanwhile, bang's sister bombbomb has been released from the clink.
26.gif

luvs enters cafe and orders a tomato and vodka drink. sush makes a bloody mary instead so luvs throws it in his face, punches him, and puts him in the hospital. he is bang's new roomie.
35.gif

Poor Sushi!

<<jkath goes to hospital with chicken soup with homade noodles, in hopes the boys both recoup faster>>

<<goes back to the cafe, tying on green apron>>

Luvs! shame on you! Now, behave yourself while I go outside to pick avocados. Can you please feed the animals for me?

<<jkath goes outside, picks 40 avocados, and puts plant food on the roses. Checks the tomatoes - doing well!>>

<<coming back inside - >>
oh Luuuuuuuuuuuuuvs! Do be a dear and check to see if the bathroom is clean, will you?
<<quickly locks luvs in the bathroom and hits the red button! out walks BLUE LUVS!>>

Luvs is now being chased by a lovesick emu.

<<jkath whispers to herself "that'll teach her to go after Sushi!">>

Bambam has a police cruiser drive by every 20 minutes for the Cafe's protection. Some undesirables hanging out nearby.

Mr. Bam, you ought to just get luvs to be the new security officer for the cafe. She can stand outside and keep the mugs from coming in. (we all know she can be quite tough)

<<getting late, got a call from the hospital - Bang is doing better, and can now eat 1/2 rack of ribs in one sitting, but still isn't back to the 4-rack guy we know. Sushi, on the other hand, is doing quite well, as his redheaded nurse had to give him mouth-to-mouth a couple of times (little did she know he was completely awake). The hospital charge nurse said he'll be out of there by 08:00 Monday morning.>>

**Yawn** still getting used to this time change.
<<turning off disco ball & giant tv. Going outside, turning off lights in jacuzzi, white lights in the avocado tree, saying goodnight to fluffy, the blue emu and blue luvs.
Going back inside, turning off CD, sweeping floor, laying green apron on the bar,
having a quick shot of hot cocoa, flipping sign to read "closed", turning off lights, locking door>>

Merci for your efforts, jkath. We've been gone visiting our son up north, watching movies and having prawn pad thai. Mmmm...

I'll take the morning shift tomorrow. *Thier puts out some chicken to marinate and makes homemade mayonnaise for tomorrow's thin sliced chicken, chipotle, jack cheese and sourdough po'boy sandwiches and mixes a huge batch of wine coolers. Thick slices the potatoes and covers them in water and a bit of lemon juice for home fried chips and checks on the supply of sel du mer for finishing them off after frying. Everything's ready, and jkath's brioche will be just the thing for brekkers with a bit of hot, rich cafe au creme.* 'Night, all!:sleep:

Hey we should have a celebration for Bang when he gets back! *ordering shirts that say "We Love Bangbang"* *Buying a personalized construction hat and big coffee mug for Bang* Ok whos going to take care of the balloons?

I'll do the balloons!! I'll do the balloons!! I'm a retired street performer and balloon sculptor. *Thier madly begins inflating long, weenie-shaped balloons and twisting them into amazing, crazy, squeaky animal shapes . The crowd goes wild!*

jumbo_longhorn.jpg

Credit actually goes to stretch.com for this "Jumbo Longhorn"!:)

I sent Bang a card and some bonless BBQ chicken breasts without the skin to cheer him up.

PLUS..... I bought a portable cardiac defibrillator for the Cafe.
zoll-big-image.jpg

And anyone that works hear MUST learn CRP and how to operate the difibulator!!!
Hey I love the balloon Thier! :)

<<tying on rhinestone studded green apron, or RSGA, to those in the know.

Brewing up a large pot of moka java roast. Pulling brioche rolls out of the oven - mmmmmm they smell good! >>

Anyone want a fresh roll out of the oven, smothered in butter?

<<eating a half dozen when nobody is looking>>

Nice balloon, Thier! Thanks for prepping the po boys - they look wonderful!

<<Pouring coffee, adding milk. Eating another 2 more rolls>>

Crewsk, maybe you could be the "keeper of the shocker" - Bangbang would want you to be in charge!

Sushi -good to see the hospital discharged you. How's the jaw?

I would guard the "shocker" with my life! It could be deadly if it falls into the wrong hands.

May I please have a couple of those rolls jkath? I need to get my strength back up from cutting down honeysuckle vines earlier.

I've got a couple of batches of peanut butter cookies ready to go in the oven & then I'll get some salad stuff ready for the lunch crowd.

Here ya go - hot and fresh!

I'm sure you are sore from tearing down the honeysuckle! Hopefully you've kept some so you can plant a slip in the garden outside near the jacuzzi - it would be nice & fragrant for our soakers~

BTW all, what do ya think? <<jkath spins around>> my hairdresser fixed my hair and I love it now. No more platinum blonde, thank goodness - now it's the chunky platinum lights with a darker, reddish blonde color. <<doing the happy dance in the dark pink pumps>>

Crewsk, have you seen Smurfette...erm..I mean "luvs"? <<giggle giggle>>

Thank you so much!!

I'm not sore yet but I will be tomorrow. I'm just waiting on hubby to get off work this afternoon to finish clearing this stuff out. I did find some blackberry vines, or should I say they found me:ohmy: , covered up in the mess along with a bunch of little strawberry plants! I have plenty of honeysuckle we can use around the jacuzzi. It will look really nice with some yellow bells woven in there too(I have some of those I can bring also).

I love your hair! It's beautiful!!

No, I haven't seen luvs today.

I'm on my way to work in a few *oof* but I'm leaving you guys all the makings for the sammies for lunch. I fried *oof* up the spuds I sliced last night and *grunt* dusted them with sel du mer, but I *ooomph* left a little salt cellar on each table if customers want more seasoning. *Whoof!*

*Thier finishes her crunches and starts upstairs to get dressed for work...*

crewsk said:
I love your hair! It's beautiful!!

No, I haven't seen luvs today.

Thanks! Now I'm ready for Vegas! (6 days and counting....)

<<luvs walks by, blue as can be, emu in tow>>
See, crewsk? There she is.

<<yelling>>Luvs, I bought you some fancy bubble bath from the Body Shop - it'll take out the blue and you'll smell yummy too!

Fresh Cream Puffs and cream horns. there are strawberry,chocolate,vanilla,peach,blackberry,lime,lemon, orange,cherry,grape,kiwi,and Banana. I made 20 dozen each, Also Dutch Letters I had 40 dozen when I started but I am down to 39 now :rolleyes: . this should keep us sweet :) . May I have some tea please ?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom