"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 03-18-2007, 08:17 PM   #9371
Head Chef

Now that the celebrations are over, everything is quite at the B&B. We have a big stack of mail that isn't sorted yet and some parcels as well. I could use some help. Somebody put steaks on the grill that's a good sign that I should add one more. Steaks require music. I'll just turn on the juke box and auto select.
Now for the mail: Piglet's Newsletter, Woodshed Architecture, Lyrics to Tunes I Don't Remember, Casa Blanca Movie offer, Forestry and Pine Tree Maze Advance Technology, How To Have A Great Party When The Boss Is Not Looking, Vine Ripe Spuds Let's You Eat For Less, Sushi Habitat For Hungermania, and here is my $ check from the Tequila Bar Federation.
All the steaks are gone but mine!

Old 03-20-2007, 08:08 AM   #9372
Master Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to Barb L.
Wink

Someone ate my steak , smells like cigars in here ! Hmmm? So when are we planning the next big get together? Miss having everyone here - Pook has been gone too long - miss her cats running around. Just made a big pot of coffee,cinnamon rolls are in the oven. Beautiful here today, warm blue skies, warm breeze and 75' !!

Old 03-22-2007, 02:28 PM   #9373
Head Chef

I am glad to see that you got your computer jump-started Pook. Does not take you guys long to screw-up Robo Maid. Here's the How To Robo Maid Manual.

We have had hundreds of guest who stayed in room 506 so you had better do a towel check.

Do you mind making some sourdough bread? I'm sure Barb L. will be along to make some strawberry preserves.

I'm having chocolate turtles and a vanilla shake for lunch. If you don't want any, there is some pecan pie next to the black forest cake.

I held a seminar in spiritual meditation and it seems that your cats are in a sleep trance. Better get them to the next class and I will try to wake them up.
Old 03-22-2007, 02:38 PM   #9374
Senior Cook

Send a message via MSN to mraa Send a message via Yahoo to mraa
StirBlue ... can you put kids in a sleeping trance so i can get work done 'round here? With all the whining and diapers, I need help!! hehehee ...
Old 03-22-2007, 02:42 PM   #9375
Master Chef

Wink

Omg ! All these dessert- dang, I don't know where to start ! Made the Strawberry jam sat the case in the pantry! Isn't it great having Pook back and her feisty felines ! We'll have to plan a Party, she can play her guitar, hear her cats sing along !! It'll be a hoot !!
Old 03-23-2007, 10:03 PM   #9376
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by mraa
StirBlue ... can you put kids in a sleeping trance so i can get work done 'round here? With all the whining and diapers, I need help!! hehehee ...
Your kids are so beautiful ! Are you sure that you want to swap them for a broom & mop? Dust rag & swifter? Rare steak & undercooked potato?
Old 03-24-2007, 12:10 AM   #9377
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barb L.
Omg ! All these dessert- dang, I don't know where to start ! Made the Strawberry jam sat the case in the pantry! Isn't it great having Pook back and her feisty felines ! We'll have to plan a Party, she can play her guitar, hear her cats sing along !! It'll be a hoot !!
Thanks for making a case of Strawberry Jam, Barb. Humm, a party at the B&B means fewer people and lotser animals.
The owners of the B&B haven't been around for ages. I wonder if we are getting new management? Probably some Rhino outfit from Oklahoma. I hear they are buying up B&B's and using them for weight-gain spas for the underweight neptriniaology disorder figuration. We have two rep's staying here. They are making an infomercial about kankel wader foundation and cream sparkle-spakel. Those are nose strengthener products for those with too much pulp. You want to go to their seminar later? We might get some free samples.
Old 03-24-2007, 12:31 AM   #9378
Senior Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by StirBlue
Your kids are so beautiful ! Are you sure that you want to swap them for a broom & mop? Dust rag & swifter? Rare steak & undercooked potato?
Hey, I'll give 'em to you for a week so I can get some housework done. Coffee, anyone?? I just bought some peppermint reddi-whip.
Old 03-24-2007, 12:33 AM   #9379
Senior Cook

Ms. Barb ~ strawberry jam's the only jam I can make well. My Nannie, however ... wow, the lady can make some serious jams and jellies! She has a peach and pear orchard in her backyard. Anyone ever had homemade green pepper jelly?! Or prickly pear cactus jam? I'm sharing!!
Old 03-24-2007, 09:56 AM   #9380
Master Chef

All those jam and jellies sound so good, we'll have to have a tasting party, with different breads and biscuits ! Yum Ok Stir, I'll go to the seminar, you say Free ! But - my pulp is just fine !