Discuss Cooking's Virtual Bed and Breakfast

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
*Tying on apron, starting coffee, stirring pancake/waffle batter, warming Canadian Maple Syrup*

Morning all! Sorry I ran off like that yesterday, I fell asleep in that darned chair and almost didn't get to work on time. Got some pancakes started, or waffles if you want em. Putting on bacon and sausages too. Lets get that good smell trickling through everything and get people in. Hey crewsk, want a coffee? How is TC?

I'll have a beer.

A really strong one. Got any barleywine or imperial stouts back there?

John

Yes please Alix, thanks! He's doing better but he's home today because he was still runnng a low temp & complaining of a headache. He slept from 7:30 last night until 8:30 this morning. He never sleeps that much!! Not to mention the nap he took when he got home from school. Right now he's laying in bed reading a book. Thanks for asking!

One stout for ronjohn, medium head? *Swoosh! Down the bar it goes* And one coffee for crewsk, anything in that for you crewsk?

Either of you want pancakes and bacon or sausage this morning?

Black is just fine Alix, I'm a little foggy this morning.:rolleyes: I'd like some pancakes & bacon please. Let me drink a little coffe & I'll come back there & whip up some scrambled eggs & grits.

You got it crewsk. Extra large black coffee, pancakes and bacon. Here you go!

OK, if you promise not to tell anyone (cuz it might get me kicked off DC) I'll tell you a secret...I've never had grits. What do they taste like?

Thanks for the coffee!

I promise not to tell a soul! I know for a fact that you're not the only one who's never had them either. Grits are rather bland if you eat them plain, kinda like eating paper. I know that sounds bad. For them to taste good they are served with butter, salt, & pepper. You can also have them with red eye gravy(I've never made but it's made from coffee. I'll try to find a recipe). I like to add grated cheddar cheese to my grits when they ar finished cooking, it adds a lot of flavor!

I'm off to the kitchen to cook some eggs & grits if anyone wants anything, just hollar!

Luvs, i thought it looked a little like Sushi

But i was'nt positive so i didnt want to post the name. Thanks now we all know where our silverware is going among all the other stuff. hmmmmmmmm What we gonna do with you Sushi??:mad: :LOL:

I'll try some grits with cheese crewsk. No redeye gravy for me though, that sounds pretty vile to be honest with you. And we all know I LOVE coffee!

Alix said:
I'll try some grits with cheese crewsk. No redeye gravy for me though, that sounds pretty vile to be honest with you. And we all know I LOVE coffee!

I don't like red eye gravy myself. It dosen't tast like coffee though. It's got like ham drippings or something in it too. YUCK!!

Here's your cheese grits, nice & creamy with extra butter melting over the top!

I wish I was in myrtle beach drinking a sunrise and splashing around in the pool or the ocean. You know what I just may do that have to talk to Barbara and make that long 2 hour drive but boy is it worth it. 83 degrees out very nice :rolleyes: . Oh hi Alix and Crewsk just thinking is all can I have a Large Black Coffee please :-p .

good afternoon, guys!:)
crewsk, i know it's kinda late, but do you have any cheese grits left? i'd love a bowl of them. thanks!
i was thinking of putting a nice down home menu up for tonite.
fried chicken, country fried steak, baked macaroni and cheese, greens, gravy.... plus it's so beautiful out i think we should get the smoker out and do up some brisket and ribs for a late night special. the main dish of your choice, 2 sides, cornbread and a draft for $11 after 9pm. what do you guys think?
green beans looked beautiful this morning at the market so i bought a bunch.
i'm off to pick up some granny smith apples. i'll make some pies or tarts for tonite.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom