discusscooking.com

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sorry, Wart ... no cigar on answering the OP's question of "who founded Discuss Cooking". MJ answered that back in 2006.

All you have done is post some easily avaiable info about the current site owner. Andy R. did not found DC - sorry.

okay, I feel better - I really did think it was a guy named Geoff, too.

and he has started other forums too (the ones from the portal page, right?) Only I remember just a few when I first got here.

Sorry, Wart ... no cigar on answering the OP's question of "who founded Discuss Cooking". MJ answered that back in 2006.

All you have done is post some easily avaiable info about the current site owner. Andy R. did not found DC - sorry.

You assume I was answering only the OPs question.

And by the tone of your post ..... Have I done something wrong?

is it possible to get more information like when where and why

Seems DC is owned by Social Knowledge, LLC a corporation specializing in lifestyle and niche forums.

Seems DC is a cog in someones machine. Not that there is anything wrong with that.

Last edited:
You assume I was answering the OPs question.
It was not an assumption. You quoted the OP's question in your response as you can see below.

who founded discuss cooking.com?

Registrant:
Social Knowledge, LLC
3523 McKinney Ave #419
Dallas, Texas 75204-1401
United States

Domain Name: DISCUSSCOOKING.COM
Created on: 13-Feb-02
Expires on: 31-Dec-14
Last Updated on: 03-Jun-08

Administrative Contact:
Robinowitz, Andy
Social Knowledge, LLC
3523 McKinney Ave #419
Dallas, Texas 75204-1401
United States
2142632884 Fax -- 8777787418

Technical Contact:
Robinowitz, Andy
Social Knowledge, LLC
3523 McKinney Ave #419
Dallas, Texas 75204-1401
United States
2142632884 Fax -- 8777787418

Domain servers in listed order:
NS1.EASYDNS.COM
NS2.EASYDNS.COM
REMOTE1.EASYDNS.COM
REMOTE2.EASYDNS.COM

Last edited:
So is it a secret or just unknown how DC started?
I've been curious myself!

What cook first put this pot on the stove, LOL!

The oldest web page that I see is May 5, 2002. To see that, you would go here. DiscussCooking.com - Cooking Forums

It seems that Kitchenelf has been here since the beginning.

Who started it has been answered.

Why - Why not? It is a great place to visit, it has good people here and it hs great recipies to help you eat whatever you might like however you might like to prepare it.

Where is a funny question on the Internet. Where the founder is from has been answered. Where it is hosted, well, that's another question. CO-LO's (Co-Location Facilities, the place where lots of Internet servers live) do not usually advertise their locations for obvious reasons. It is not really important, unless you are checking a lot of techie things.

I am not sure that I supplied a lot of information that the OP wants, because I don't know any more than I can research. I did get to show you the wayback machine that archives web pages. If you want a hoot look at what Yahoo looked like when it started compared to what it looks like now.

As far as the CO-LO's I love working in them. the security and environment are a trip.

Please feel free to move or delete this post - If I have said anything wrong.

AC

Actually it was Geoff's fiance who started DC back in 2002. He took over while she was in law school. Their lives became busy and they sold the forum to Andy R. Andy R. also bought other forums, which are on the home page at the bottom. I was the 17th member (do I get a gold star????)

Andy R has made improvement after improvement here and DC is...well, what it is now.

(Pssst! kitchenelf, I think you were actually 14th or so. There are a couple there that the join date got "adjusted")

Platinum....platinum :clap:......I get a platinum diamond ring....:clap:

. . . . . . oh, star.....:clap:.....platinum......:clap: platinum...... I get a platinum star :clap: :clap:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom