Dishes clean--Dishwasher

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
With Walmart, you may need to ask. They logically locate the kleenex next to the dog food, so you may find Lemishine next to automotive supplies. I would try looking where the DW soap is first.

I specifically looked for it at Wal-mart just an hour ago. I would have missed it if I had been in a hurry, it was one row wide and behind a shelf hanger with sponges, completely blocked. And it was about waist height for me, this was at the "littleL Wal-Mart. I'll have to look at the Supercenter, forgot when I was there earlier.

PrincessFiona60 said:
I specifically looked for it at Wal-mart just an hour ago. I would have missed it if I had been in a hurry, it was one row wide and behind a shelf hanger with sponges, completely blocked. And it was about waist height for me, this was at the "littleL Wal-Mart. I'll have to look at the Supercenter, forgot when I was there earlier.

At SuperWalmart, check behind the sunglasses, next to the electronics, in amongst the tulip bulbs. If you're lucky, you may find it.

It does exist.

At SuperWalmart, check behind the sunglasses, next to the electronics, in amongst the tulip bulbs. If you're lucky, you may find it.

It does exist.

I don't use it, I am the dishwasher and don't need to be de-limed:LOL: I was just looking for it in the store, trying to see if it was above or below eye level...but yes, I think you may be right!

The reason I started this thread was to share how to cut the cost of dishwasher detergent. I am very happy with adding baking soda to the "cheap" liquid no-name brand detergent I accidently bought + the vinegar. Just as clean and sparkly as the dishes I washed with the cubes I got with the dishwasher. And, just as clean as the dishes I do at my mom's--but I did add the cup of vinegar in the top rack when I was there to get rid of the film--it worked. Once I'm done with the cheap stuff, I will make my own and report back. Mind you, when I was using up the cubes, I did put a "cup" of vinegar in the top rack here as well. I just wanted the share a cheaper way of running the dishwasher when it comes to detergent. So far, I'm happy.

Last edited:
I'm having lots of trouble with mty DW lately. For a while I was using Costco gel in the DW and it worked great. Then something changed and it was giving crappy results. Undissolved gel in the soap cup at the end of the cycle.

I switched to Cascade gel and was amazed at how great the DW was working. Then all of a sudden, I find a puddle of the gel still in the soap cup after the cycle has completed. Dishes are not getting clean.

I have been reading this thread and Saturday I bought a box of Finish tabs with the red powerball. I ran it in the DW and at the end of the cycle, the practically undissolved tablet was sitting on the top of an inverted coffee cup where it fell out of the soap cup.

Then I went back to Cascade and ran the DW on the super hot and longer sani scrub, anti-bacterial cycle and it worked. I getting really PO'd and don't know what t do.

I have been using Jet Dry all along and when the DW is working right it does a good job.

What do you guys think?

I am stumped because of the inconsistencies.

Is there something that could be blocking water from the detergent cup? Usually something too tall toward the front of the dishwasher. I've had that happen before.

Is something blocking your DW cup? With our previous one, a wire had burned out in the cup and it didn't pop open at the right time. When an electrician friend fixed it, it worked OK for awhile.

You might try the Lemishine powder on an empty cycle, in the rinse cup, as specified on the label. It takes out all the deposits. Look for it amongst the tullip bulbs at Wallyworld. (jk) Our almost new DW really disappointed me until I did that, and since then, it's worked great.

I've been careful to keep blocking items from the soap cup area. Even left that area empty once or twice.

It sure sounds like something is wrong with your DW, Andy.
When I tried the gel packs the undissolved portion was down by the drain. If you're getting your unused soaps still laying in the soap compartment, and nothing is blocking the door, it sounds like the mechanism that releases the door isn't working properly. It's not opening early enough in the cycle.

It sure sounds like something is wrong with your DW, Andy.
When I tried the gel packs the undissolved portion was down by the drain. If you're getting your unused soaps still laying in the soap compartment, and nothing is blocking the door, it sounds like the mechanism that releases the door isn't working properly. It's not opening early enough in the cycle.

You may be right. I was thinking I need to call a repairman. Then I broke my toilet fixture with my KA mixer so I don't know what I'm going to do.

You may be right. I was thinking I need to call a repairman. Then I broke my toilet fixture with my KA mixer so I don't know what I'm going to do.

Um...I'm scared to ask how you broke something in the toilet with your KA.

However...with your DW, try just tossing the powerball into the DW and ignore the cup altogether. If that doesn't solve the problem then its likely a blocked hose. Its a pretty simple fix, we've had it happen a time or two. Happens if you have hard water.

OMG Andy! That is terrible! Both for the KA and the toilet. I hate to admit this, but I LOLed. It just sounds like something I would do. Hope the fix is quick and relatively painless.

How's the KA doing after the dip, Andy? This might be where a hairdryer would come in handy.

Glad you're not pottyless!

Last edited:
OMG Andy! That is terrible! Both for the KA and the toilet. I hate to admit this, but I LOLed. It just sounds like something I would do. Hope the fix is quick and relatively painless.

I realize it can be a funny story but it wasn't at the time, believe me. I'm hoping the mixer is OK and that the plumber is kind to me.

Back
Top Bottom