Dishwashing liquid fragrances

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

vilasman

Senior Cook
Does anyone else collect the various flavors of dawn dish liquid so that you can very the aroma while you are doing the dishes?

I love flowery smells, but NOT on my dishes. I don't know what it is, but I just don't like it! I mostly use the original scent, but I don't mind lemon scent. I have also used the bleach one (it may be Palmolive). Just not flowery.

:)Barbara

I only like the apple one. Tried the lemon and didn't like it at all. Don't care much for the smell on the blue.

I've never cared for fragrance in any kind of "soap" product. I much prefer getting the job done "naturally." I usually purchase the detergent that has as little fragrance as possible and still gets the job done.

In today's world, I'm a little put off by having lavender-smelling laundry, mountain fresh dried clothes, citrus dishes, minty breath, etc. that I just want things to smell the way they "should," if you get what I mean. All the smells can get dizzying. I would love for things to smell like castile soap. What a "clean" smell!!!! Can you still get it?

Cascade and Dawn are always unbeatable for getting your dishes really clean.

So much so, that now there's an automatic dishwasher liquid that combine Dawn with Cascade. Saw it advertised on the Food Network.

This subject hits a raw nerve with me. Why is it that soap manufacturers insist on putting fragrance in everything they make? I don't want my dishes to have a fragrance of ANY kind and I sure don't want my clothes to smell of that god-awful perfume they keep putting in the detergent and softeners. Fortunately they also make a fragrance free detergent and softener. However, try getting hand soap that doesn't throw you for a loop every time you use it.

What makes them think I WANT my clothes to smell and why do they insist on setting the fragrance for me? I've smelled the "rainy day" and "ocean breeze" til I could puke. I lived in San Diego on the ocean and I never smelled an ocean breeze that smelled of perfume. Leave my stuff alone and let me choose what frangrance, if any I want in my soaps. Geez. Now I'm REALLY teed off!! :mad::LOL:

Happy Easter everyone!

Last edited:
However, try getting hand soap that doesn't throw you for a loop every time you use it

Um, you can. It's called Dove unscented. Personally I like the fragrances.

I kinda like Orange scented Dawn myself...

I use All and Downey and they usually don't bother me, but with the dryer broke and us just hanging them around the house to dry, I noticed the scents stay put and are definitely too strong now!:sick:

And lately I have been using Axe body wash to get DW's attention!:cool:

No smell is a good smell. I try to buy everything with as little stink as possible.

However, try getting hand soap that doesn't throw you for a loop every time you use it

Um, you can. It's called Dove unscented. Personally I like the fragrances.

I went through every bottle of Dove and never found one that was unscented. I wasn't aware they made one. All of the bottles have a scent name on them. Thanks for the heads up, I will keep looking. I like Dove.

There's definetly a bar soap of 'Dove' that's original and unscented. I don't know about a pump liquid soap though.

I'm a bit outnumbered here, but I absolutely love the different scents in all those things. For a while, we were just buying Arm&Hammer laundry soap, and it was fine, but I missed the fresh smells that the other kinds had. I don't care about the dryer sheets smells though.

Now with dishes, I just use the powder cascade dishwasher soap. It's worked so well for so long, that i've just never used anything else. With regular dish soap, we just buy the big bottles of the cheap stuff.

Maverick.. You made a good choice buying the Axe body wash!! I buy DH the Axe body wash, and deodorant. (Their body sprays are a waist of money IMO..) I *LOVE* how he smells when he gets out of the shower!!:rolleyes:

I'm with beginner_chef..I like different scents for my laundry soap. But we stick to unscented for dish washing liquid -Seventh Generation.

I like a lot of the scents too. Lately I have been using the Tide with Febreze for James's clothes and their lavender scent for mine.

I like WalMart's lavender scented dryer sheets.

:)Barbara
Ooooh yeah, the lavender dryer sheets! I put a few in with out-of-season clothes so that when we get them out, they smell wonderful. Also, I use them like sachets in my drawers. I think they are wonderful.

Back
Top Bottom