Displaced Restaurant Workers & More

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mish

Washing Up
Southern U.S. Cuisine Blog

From Diana Rattray
Your Guide to Southern U.S. Cuisine.

September 07, 2005

Southern Foodways Alliance (SFA) has partnered with the Council of Independent Restaurants (CIRA) and the James Beard Foundation to build a job bank for displaced restaurant workers from New Orleans and other areas devastated by Hurricane Katrina. Also, details on several food-related fundraisers and how to donate to area food banks.

For more details, including updates on New Orleans and Gulf area member status and even messages from restaurants looking for some of their staff members, check the blog at Southern Foodways or go right to the CIRA site to check the current job offers online. If you have jobs to offer, the Southern Foodways blog has a general username sign-in and password posted for the CIRA site.

More:

Food Related Fundraisers
A special Brennan's fundraiser event in Houston for New Orleans restaurant workers, a fund raiser Po' Boy Power event in Washington D.C., information about a "Dine for America" day, how to donate for food banks in affected areas, and more.

Thanks Mud. Hoping people can reconnect with each other & loved ones. Ooops, never tried NOLA cuisine/food. Ate at a place called the French Quarter, but doubt there's any similarities.

Last edited:
mudbug said:
If it was in SoCal, I doubt it too.

:-p :LOL:

You are right about that one. It was a cute restaurant though. Trying to remember, think it was somewhere near Santa Monica Blvd., in W. Hollyweird. Let's just say it was a colorful place. :rolleyes:

I think I had a tuna melt. :LOL: How N.O. is that?!

Just for fun, here's a link to take a look-see at the menu etc. Probably a big difference between the LAs. There might be an avacado in there somewhere. (The roasted banana chocolate bread pudding sounds sooo good.)

http://www.frenchquarterwest.com/

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom